Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence in September is still H O T ! !

Greetings Fencers, I broke my neck to cut my grass on Friday because rain was forecasted for the weekend. I can't stand the newer lawn mowers that don't have a primer button anymore. I looked at the Briggs and Stratton engine sticker "Guaranteed Start" as I repeatedly pulled the start cord in the 60 some degree weather. Let's just say that 'my aunt fanny' was not what I was mumbling as I struggled to get the mower started {#emotions_dlg.devil2}. Suffice it to say, my right shoulder was shot for a couple of days.

It stormed (not too bad) on Saturday night and drizzled on and off yesterday and was cold.

I received an upsetting call from my sister around 9:15 last night. Her cat (actually was my mom's) was throwing up blood. He was older (16) but not ancient. Our family cats tended to live until 18 with a record holder of 22 and 1/2. Long story short, she drove to my house and I drove her to the vet. She just started a new job a few weeks ago, so after I got her call, I left a message for my team lead and told her I needed Monday as vacation. I kept Rusty at my home last night and groomed him this morning before taking him to the pet cemetery to be cremated.

My nerves are not what they used to be prior to my husband's death. I was literally shaking when I got the call last night and still feel shaky today at noon.

Hope all of you are having a calmer day than I am Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Winifred, I was reading the paper today about your hot weather and no rain. seems as though this is going to last for a while. feel for you. Birdmama, I could not cut the lawn if my life depended on it. That's hard work. We are enjoying our nice weather out on the deck. It seems as though my "recover" is over. having bad pain and nausea againSmiley Sad See the Dr. A week from Friday.
Regular Contributor

Fall is in the air! Oh, it's just delicious here! I'm so sorry about the fires and heat in Ca. and the flooding in other parts of the country though some of Texas and NM had deluges and flooding, but we were spared.

We had our very tall very out of date TV antenna removed on Saturday. Jim's been wanting it removed for ages and finally a huge truck with a 'cherry picker' attached a rope or chain or something to the top and someone sawed off the legs and it was picked up and gently laid down in our back yard. It's about 40 ft long and Jim intends to cut it into 4 equal pieces, two of which he then intends to attach to our side fence and the other two across the area to our house and then attach a tarp over the top to drive our mowers under and a place for him to work outside where he can get a breeze. He's so relieved to have it down as we're planning to have some work done on our house and it had to be removed before the work could be done.

Bird Mama, how sad to hear about your mom's kitty. It's so hard to lose pets especially those which have been in the family for a long time. I hope you don't suffer any long time problems from your battle with your 'guaranteed start' lawnmower!{#emotions_dlg.angry}guess they think they're safe cuz they didn't say what year it would startWink

Epi, I hope you're feeling better and that your recent treatment has and will continue to help. You've had so many health problems you're due for a break. Have you heard from Sherron? If you do, please tell her she's missed. I'm glad you finally have your deck finished and that it is such an enjoyment for the two of you. Looks like you've had a birthday recently. Sorry I missed it and that delicious chocolate cake, so happy belated birthday.

Freddie, I'm really concerned about these latest health symptoms you're describing. Have you considered you may be having a heart attack? You know the symptoms for women are not the same as for men. I sure wish you'd go to the doctor and have a thorough check up.

I'd sure like to hear from meuw. Does anyone see her post elsewhere? I hope she and her husband are doing all right. This 'gittin' old is for the birds I tell ya!

Happy Monday all! Sue

Trusted Contributor

It's lovely here today too. It's brrn very cool in the evenings My grat granddaughter have me a pot for Mother's Day and I finally got a morning glory bloom. The plant doesn't look all that healthy The other thing I was taking such good care of is a weed I think Epi keep getting better Smiles hope everything is ok with you Those Ca fires are scary. Queen you have become awesome with your scooter. They will be asking you and Jim to give classes I went over and got a pedicure this afternoon. She really worked on my Ingrown nails and it hurt at the time but they feel so much better now. I can't see well enough to do them anymore.
Honored Contributor

Hello all - this would have been a great week to be on vacation in my neck of the woods. We are having mild, sunny days (low 70's) and I can smell autumn in the air. Some of the trees I see are beginning to turn golden colors and others (the younger trees) are turning lovely scarlet colors. I just love this time of year.

Here are some caramel apples (another favorite of mine).

Honored Contributor

Sorry everyone, I ate all of the caramel apples.{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Regular Contributor

ALL OF 'EM? YOU ATE ALL OF 'EM?

Honored Contributor

Okay, I spent hours in the kitchen {#emotions_dlg.lol}, here are some more..... limit to 2 per visitor.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for making more Bird mama - some of US are sure piggy that visit here. Now I include myself in that group as I have often cleaned out all the food left. Mousiegirl, you can have some more now that I have gotten my share. LOL.

Yukky morning, super cool and overcast but guarantee you we will not have one drop of rain. About ready for church so need to grab a fast bowl of oatmeal before I head out.

Have a good day everyone.

Trusted Contributor

I grabbed one. Yum