Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence in September is still H O T ! !

Epi - so glad that you swung by the fence for a brief visit. I will be saying a prayer or two or five for you that the procedure has a favorable outcome for you.

Belated birthday greetings to you

From the dog front - God do I remember having to put that Elizabethan collar on my dogs in the past. You hate to see them bumping into furniture, but it's that or they irritate the wound site. I'm glad your granddog is doing better.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

thanks You Birdmama!!!! think I will enjoy a big piece of that cake. animals are dear to us,they are like family. Hate to see them sick,but all is well now. She is 9 years old. that is getting up there for a big deal. OH!!!!!!! I FORGOT this story!!!!!!! vin came in the house one night ans daid it smelled like something was dead under our front steps or flower bed. said he would check next day in sunlight. the electrician was here working on the deck the next day. He came to the door and said something smells really bad out back. Was worse near our neighbors yard. So Vin went to there door to ask if they noticed the odor. There reply was,oh, sorry. it was there dog. he had died and was outside as they had not had the time to do anything with his remains. OMG, I could not beleive it!!!!!! they got rid of him that day. they are nice,but my husband has always said that there stupid. sadly, I agree.......
Honored Contributor

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, they left their deceased dog outside and never even thought to bury it {#emotions_dlg.scared}. What a bunch of dimwits!

Trusted Contributor

EXACTLY Birdmama,and it was in the 90's!!!!!!!! If I had known that I would have called the health dept. I'm glad I'm not one of there parents. they might do the same thing!!!!LOL!!!!
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies. All went well with my procedure. Was out and on my way home before 12:30. So far so good!!!!!! I actually feel a little better already. time will tell, but I'm hopefull.
Honored Contributor

Epi, I was hanging around, hoping you would post an update. I hope that this procedure is the ticket to feeling better and better everyday. Smile

Trusted Contributor

On 9/18/2014 Bird mama said:

Epi, I was hanging around, hoping you would post an update. I hope that this procedure is the ticket to feeling better and better everyday.

Thank You, your prayers helped!!!
Respected Contributor

Epi, what great news!!!!! Am sure things will continue to get better and better. Wow and double Wow!!!

Can you believe this? FINALLY, we got a break in the horrible heat/humidity. Actually had to pull covers up last night - our nights are normally cool out here so having hot nights were difficult to handle. Of course with my luck there often is a snafu - about 12:30 or so woke up feeling quite queasy and had a lot of pain and was ice cold but soaking wet.. Geesh, always something but am feeling better now - thank goodness. Decided to not go to Curves but am headed to the hairdresser at 9. That is a MUST!!! Our temps have dropped 20 degrees plus and it appears they will remain in that area for perhaps a week or so - it actually should be that way until the normal cooler weather pops up.

Had to laugh as I got an email yesterday reminding me to please get my heater checked by the Gas Company and also have it turned on. Well I ALWAYS do that and usually do it by now. This year, however, there was no way I was getting that heater turned on now. Even the pilot light throws off a lot of heat. We shall see how it goes.

Hope all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

Freddie, I'm glad that the temps dropped a bit in your neck of the woods, but the cold sweats at night concern me {#emotions_dlg.huh}. You think you might be getting a flu? I hope it was something as simple as a bad piece of food.

Respected Contributor

Bird Mama, have no clue what ailed me last night - the pain was in my lower abdomen - have had uneasiness before but never that pain. Seemed to have done fine today but am tired. It looks like we will have another cool night - that is sooooooooooo great.

Leaves falling off so many trees and that is very unusual for us in September. I suspect that and many other problems we are having with our greenery can be chalked up to the extensive heat and long drought. Just miserable out here but am hope this tapering off of humidity and heat means we are getting back into our normal temps this time of year - now if only we could get some water. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Hope all had a great day