Honored Contributor

Forgive me, but Julia seemed to be too 'needy'.  Being hurt because a one-day date deceived her...........Don't most women 'figure out' that anyone who portrays himself as very much 'in love' with her on a first date, first day, is a bit 'off'?  I can't imagine myself believing any first date.  'Too much, too soon' usually ends up not-so-well.  JMThoughts.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: Bachelor in Paradise

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

Forgive me, but Julia seemed to be too 'needy'.  Being hurt because a one-day date deceived her...........Don't most women 'figure out' that anyone who portrays himself as very much 'in love' with her on a first date, first day, is a bit 'off'?  I can't imagine myself believing any first date.  'Too much, too soon' usually ends up not-so-well.  JMThoughts.

ITA. They seem to be using the mom/widower card so much. There's some backstory to her husbands death. Not all what it appears. Juelia spoke with ease on the after show, imo.

Honored Contributor

I must say that I didn't know about Julia's husband's death.  Thought they were divorced.   Sorry about that.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I must say that I didn't know about Julia's husband's death.  Thought they were divorced.   Sorry about that.

Although I didn't watch the whole season of The Bachelor when Chris was the bachelor, I did watch some and I remember Juelia. I watched the night she told him about her husband. 

I was glad to see her on Bachelor in Paradise, but after reading the letters from her late husband's family and best friend, my opinion of her has changed. 

It was good to see what Dustin Kinney was really like, and what his family think really happened when he took his life. 

HERE is the link for anyone who is interested. The letters are long, but they illuminate the life of a special young man and they talk about depression and what it can result in. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Bachelor in Paradise

[ Edited ]

After watching the previews, did Ashley I fake her V card on the Bachelor? 

Respected Contributor

HERE is the link for anyone who is interested. The letters are long, but they illuminate the life of a special young man and they talk about depression and what it can result in. 

As tragic as his death was, I wonder how much of what THEY are saying is true.  I understand their need to protect their loved one.

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between......Juelia lived with him.....I'm sure it wasn't easy.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Valued Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

As tragic as his death was, I wonder how much of what THEY are saying is true.  I understand their need to protect their loved one.

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between......Juelia lived with him.....I'm sure it wasn't easy.

I just read the letters and they were lengthy; I also wonder as you do, Lotus.  The truth is somewhere in the middle and we will never know.  Honestly, I didn't remember anything about the mention of suicide; maybe I wasn't paying attention. 

I do understand how the family wants to protect him, though. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Bachelor in Paradise 8/30-Sunday

I didn't see a current thread. Anyways, the show is a hot mess, but I love it.

Sam and Joe both need to take the blame. So who's Ashley I. going to take to the fantasy suite? I hope she saved it for Jared. I think she lost her v-card ...So Chris B. makes his 5th appearance on the franchise. What a waste of time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bachelor in Paradise 8/30-Sunday

I watched last night too! Hard to believe they convinced Chris B. to come back - for what? Of course I think the drunken stupor act was planned. Sam is definitely playing the female villain role! And I think Ashley I. will ask Jared. Whether or not he goes will be another story! 

I don't think Joe is like this IRL. I'm one who still thinks most of these kids are playing roles, and I think he's one of them! The producers are constantly coaching them. I've noticed at many After the Final Rose shows that supposed enemies are greeting and hugging each other. Maybe we'll see Jorge the Bartender again! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I'm waiting to see FARMER CHRIS walk in..............'you never know.'............