Respected Contributor

Re: Baby left in shopping cart: crime or not?

[ Edited ]

I will never understand how someone can forget their kid in a cart.  So, the groceries were more important.  I will never understand. 

Edited to say:  After looking at the video tape of her interview and realizing she was dealing with two other small kids and hearing her routine, I do think this was just a mistake on her part, so I cant imagine how she feels.  Mistakes do happen and there doesnt seem to be any ill intent. 

Respected Contributor

I can't believe that not one person mentioned, what if a "bad man" picked up this baby to do who knows what with.  There are some real sickos out there. Or even for ransom! 

For me, no pass, sorry.

Respected Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

I can't believe that not one person mentioned, what if a "bad man" picked up this baby to do who knows what with.  There are some real sickos out there. Or even for ransom! 

For me, no pass, sorry.

Just because it was not mentioned along with the other judgment does not mean it was not thought of. Do you think this mother does not thank G-d that her child was OK? Again we have no idea what raced through that woman's mind trying to get back to her child.

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

I wonder what time the stoning will commence? 

If this mother is suffering from any emotional or mental issues then I hope she will get help. That being said not one of you can ever know how truly bad she feels and she will never forget what she did.

I hope those of you that are judging her will think of her when you go to your houses of worship and say a prayer instead of a condemnation.

It took her 40 minutes to realize this "mistake"? This is a real problem.

An off duty officer found the baby thank goodness, and took them to the salon. 

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I read she left the cart by her car, and was parked near the front of the store. She had her nephew with her. She is age 27 and has 4 kids. She didn't come back for 40 minutes. She is charged, and should be.

The story I read said she was buying candy for her nephew's b-day, not that she had her nephew with her and she had 3 of her 4 children with her, not all 4 kids. 

She got home and one of the kids asked where the baby was, that's when she realized she had left him in the car so she went back.  Prior to that she said she thought he was in the car.  I have no idea how far of a drive the store was from her home.    

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

I wonder what time the stoning will commence? 

If this mother is suffering from any emotional or mental issues then I hope she will get help. That being said not one of you can ever know how truly bad she feels and she will never forget what she did.

I hope those of you that are judging her will think of her when you go to your houses of worship and say a prayer instead of a condemnation.

It took her 40 minutes to realize this "mistake"? This is a real problem.

An off duty officer found the baby thank goodness, and took them to the salon. 

Again what time is the stoning since all of her condemers are all perfect. 

Respected Contributor

First and foremost, this is a matter of right and wrong.  What she did was wrong and she had to account for whatr she did.  We should really thank G-D that nothing happened to the child while she was gone and for looking after the child until she came back.

Honored Contributor

While I'm sure it was (probably) not intentional, I feel at the very least this mother needs a parenting class and should be monitored on a regular basis. If anything is ever amiss, the children need to be placed in a safer environment.

Esteemed Contributor

For pete's sake, of course everyone has an opinion on news items and we all judge situations every day of our lives. 

Super Contributor