Esteemed Contributor

Interesting that people, while whining and being outraged, have forgotten the movie "Neptune's Daughter" in which Betty Garrett and Red Skelton reverse roles in the song.  I love hearing and watching both couples sing the fabulous song.  And Betty is much more aggressive and pushy with Red than Ricardo is with Esther.....I

Respected Contributor

What's in this drink?

Get over your hold out

What's the sense in hurting my pride?

Why can't you see, how can you do this to me?

Sorry, it sounds like the run up to coerced sex or date rape. It sends a bad message to men and boys- that it's ok to needle a woman until she gives in.

None of it is "innocent" fun. It's pressured sex and it has lifelong impact if it happens to you.

Trusted Contributor

OH my goodness, IG's comment about Santa made my day. LOL

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@software wrote:

Why attack a song, when you can go after the real monster?

So if we ban a song, how many rapists are now going into hiding or having 2nd thoughts?

"This song is banned, I better not rape anyone"    Really?

it's foolish.

The song is taken out of context.    There is a certain mindset right now that WORDS are bad.    Say something wrong and you are vilified.   How about going after people who are actually doing wrong?    Time can be better spent by standing up to bad behavior, not bad words.   This is where I don't agree with this new MeToo movement.   There is so much bad happening in the world - child abuse, human trafficking - but they want to ban a song.

With all the s*x and violence we all see on TV, movies, video games and current music choices that are thrown in our faces everyday, it is humorous that a song  recorded 60 - 70 years ago is considered offensive.

Agree

The same women offended by this song fall all over themselves to see 50 Shades.

I haven't seen or read 50 Shades- is there coerced sex? Or is the sex consentual?

Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:

What's in this drink?

Get over your hold out

Sorry, it sounds like the run up to coerced sex or date rape. It sends a bad message to men and boys- that it's ok to needle a woman until she gives in.

None of it is "innocent" fun. It's pressured sex and it has lifelong impact if it happens to you.

Yet these lyrics are played on the radio all year...

“Put molly all in her champagne/She ain’t even know it/ I took her home and I enjoyed that/She ain’t even know it” – Rick Ross, “U.O.E.N.O”

Ricky D-Cups feels like we’re putting words in his lie-filled mouth because he never actually said “r@pe” despite describing the act step-by-step.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@Hayfield wrote:

There's a song Rod Stewart sings Maggie May, have you listened to those lyrics?  I'm not sure but if it's that song but he has one about "spreading your wings and flying".  Do you really think he's talking about wings?  Then there's that song by Jefferson Airplane about drugs and uses Alice in Wonderland as a reference in the song.  There are so many more and drugs, s*x and violence.  When does it end?  

None of these songs are part of a holiday repertoir listened to by children of all ages. The song in question is played every holiday as part of christmas music- in most every public place. Sorry. The song is rapey.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@bathina wrote:

What's in this drink?

Get over your hold out

“Put molly all in her champagne/She ain’t even know it/ I took her home and I enjoyed that/She ain’t even know it” – Rick Ross, “U.O.E.N.O”

Ricky D-Cups feels like we’re putting words in his lie-filled mouth because he never actually said “r@pe” despite describing the act step-by-step.

Funny, I've never heard the song you mentioned played as part of christmas music which plays in every public place during the holidays. If it is played, it shouldn't be.

Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:

What's in this drink?

Get over your hold out

MY dogs begs much more than that and I can still say no.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@bathina wrote:

What's in this drink?

Get over your hold out

Funny, I've never heard the song you mentioned played as part of christmas music which plays in every public place during the holidays. If it is played, it shouldn't be.

Talking about radio station banning the song, and yes small children do listen to this rap music. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@bathina wrote:

What's in this drink?

Get over your hold out

MY dogs begs much more than that and I can still say no.

Your dog speaks? And makes you drinks? Wow!