Honored Contributor

Thank goodness someone has brought this up.  I'm so tired of the absurd extremes people are going to, to find sinister meanings in everything.

This song was not about date rape; it was not about coercion and an unwilling female victim.  (Watch the film!)

I listen to the lyrics of some "songs" from the current day and I wonder how people can accept them with their explicit lyrics and then be offended by a decades old song like this.  And "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"???  Beacuse he was being bullied?

Give me a break.  (Like the parents in England who protested over "Frosty the Snowman" in a school play, for gender bias.)

Political correctness gone mad and the PTB bend like willows in the wind, if one person voices an objection.  Enough already!

Trusted Contributor

@Janey2

BINGO!  You hit it right on. 

Next, they'll want us to tape our mouths shut.   Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

E.v.e.r.y👏s.i.n.g.l.e👏y.e.a.r this topic comes up.  

In fact, I started a thread about it a couple years ago in light

of then current events. 

Just like Ike we don’t see TV shows/movies with blatantly racial 

overtones anymore (which was totally acceptable back in the 

30-40s, etc), music should reflect that as well.

New era, new mindset.

Hearing it with ‘new ears’ is stunning...especially since it comes 

across as such a cute, lighthearted tune.  Thank goodness 

after December 25, it’s locked away for another 365 days.

Creepy Song. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

[ Edited ]

I love this song, my favorite was hearing Dean Martin sing it. Don’t f

remember who his female partner was.

This song is playful and sexy and is the perfect example of the birds and the bees.  Our relationship with the opposite sex should be flirty, fun and exciting..who can find fault in that?  To make this song about anything else is ridiculous and I often feel like those who do, have never had the pleasure of being pursued by a man.  It’s a lot of fun!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2- Your story about a former boss and how you handled it, reminded me of a similar situation I was in, when I lived in England.  First job there and the boss has the same idea about his "rights".  Well, he tried it just once with me; always making it seem "accidental" that he grabbed me, as I walked through a swinging door.

Let me tell you, he never tried touching me again!  I was steaming when I walked back into the office and the female supervisor said "You never said that to our boss?!"  I said, yes, I did and if he ever touched me again, he'd regret it!  (This supervisor was proud of the fact that she got her position by "paying her dues", if you get my meaning.)

It changed the attitude of the other women workers in the office and he kept his hands to himself after that.  I was proud of it.

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe- I know the lyrics to this song by heart.  And I don't think anything is wrong with them.  The only thing wrong is how people twist everything nowadays.

Honored Contributor

I agree that it's ridiculous and political correctness gone overboard.  Yes the lyrics are a bit racy if that's what one wants to see.

As for "Lucy in the sky with diamonds,  I always used to think it was about LSD but read somewhat recently that either Paul or John insisted that it was NOT about LSD.

Valued Contributor

LOL!  I didn't want this post shut down, yet I'm the one who had their post removed for going off topic in response to @bikerbabe.  Mods rules, Mods decision - respect to them, though I don't really understand how I went off topic.

@sidsmom, trying to erase our past does not erase our history.

Honored Contributor

5CFCFBA9-53CA-4F6D-8416-D8844A55648B.jpeg

Valued Contributor

It has nothing to do with inappropriate behavior!  It’s about an adult male/female relationship. Surely we have t forgotten the pleasure In that.