Valued Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2, I meant to add that I heard 90% of listeners wanted to keep the song on the playlist. I didn’t read who made the decision to stop it. 

Respected Contributor

IF she was cooerced then WHY was SHE singing along at the end?  Perhaps one should continue to hear it as a cautionary tale?

THe song I NEVER can get over hearing on the radio is "Under My Thumb"  If you're going to get all fussy then How in the world is that one still being played?  Get a grip people.  Don't erase the past because you don't like it. Strive to change the future.

Honored Contributor

I heard about this - the radio station that won't play the song because it sounds manipulative.  Whenever I hear the song, I think of the time Lisa Robertson and Dave King sang it - you can find it on YouTube.  Now I'll wonder if Dave had bad intentions.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

[ Edited ]

i just love hearing this song.....no matter who is singing it.

the ORIGINAL with ricardo montalban and esther williams, betty garrett and red skelton

(1949 neptune's daughter)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRGZULIkfwE

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Who thinks this way? These idiots are from the Twilight Zone. If one person complains then everyone else has to accept it? 

Honored Contributor

I’ve never associated this song with sexual misconduct but with all the uproar they sure have ruined it for me. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I heard about this - the radio station that won't play the song because it sounds manipulative.  Whenever I hear the song, I think of the time Lisa Robertson and Dave King sang it - you can find it on YouTube.  Now I'll wonder if Dave had bad intentions.  Smiley Happy

When I hear this nonsense about the song I just think "OH GROW UP!"  Take responsibility for what you do and quit carping about stupid stuff like this.  

The Beatles consistently denied the song was about LSD.  It was supposedly about a drawing Julian Lennon, John's son, brought home from school.  He was asked who the girl in the picture was and he said "Lucy" I believe she was maybe a classmate.  He was asked what's that in the sky and he said "Diamonds!"  Julian has told the story.

But really, the rap world of music and people are terrified about Baby It's Cold Outside?  Boo hoo. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just watched the video for the first time today.

They are ruining these old songs and taking it way too far.

Everything under the sun is being scrutinized. Let's enjoy them not destroy them.

Respected Contributor

The song was written by Frank Loesser who wrote it to sing with his wife. They were a big success at parties. “What’s in this drink” was a common idiom used during this time. All innocent.