Honored Contributor

Baby Boomers Love or Hate. . .

Millennials on Twitter have apparently come up with a list of things Baby Boomers love or hate. Do you agree?

Boomers - 

1. Love calling salad "rabbit food"

2. Hate the ban on plastic bags

3. Love to sit motionless in front of a football game for 6 hours 

4. Hate self checkout 

5. Love to use "rock 'n roll" as a verb

6. Hate to rely on a GPS

7. Love to say the l's in "tortilla"

8. Hate it when people sit on tables 

9. Love to point out the holes in someone's jeans

10. Hate it when you sleep in on a day off 

11. Love saying "If I sit down I might not get back up."

12. Hate video games 

13. Love talking about what roads they take to get places 

14.Hate it when celebrities speak up about political or social issues

15. Love saying "a million dollars" when servers ask if they can get them anything else 

16. Hate paying their bills online 

17. Love referring to using the microwave as "zapping"

18. Love calling a signature a "John Hancock"

19. Hate avocado toast 

20. Love licking their fingers before turning the page 

21.Hate participation trophies but love "World's Greatest Dad" mug

22. Love keeping their remote on top of the TV

23. Hate having to ask millennials to unlock their iPad so they can play Candy Crush 

24. Love to drive around a parking lot for 9 minutes to find a spot to save them 64 seconds of walking 

25. Hate it when you dye your hair and your roots show 

26. Love complaining about their spouses 

27. Love to knock on locked bathroom doors 

28. Hate it when you leave one fork in the sink

29. Hate it when young people use the word "like"

30. Love to say "the COVID"

31. Love to ask questions on Facebook instead of using Google 

32. Love calling the toilet "the commode"

33. Love going to Subway and be completely baffled when choosing ingredients for their sandwich 

34. Hate it when you say "no problem"

35. Hate being called "Boomers"

• So for me - I've never done #1, #2 is inconvenient sometimes, #3 - no, #4 - use it all of the time when I don't get much, #5 - never have, #6 - use GPS all of the time, #7 - I know how to pronounce it, #8 - agree, #9 - never do, #10 - not at all; I like to do this too, #11 - no, #12 -no, #13 - if it helps someone, #14 - YES, #15 - never have heard this said, #16 - do it all of the time, #17 - never have, #18 - never have, #19 - love it, #20 - NO, #21 - yes, #22 - it's never where it's supposed to be and we're always trying to find it, #23 - never have played it, #24 - wouldn't do this, #25 - sometimes, #26 - no, #27 - depends on the circumstance, #28 - not at all, #29 - sometimes if they say it constantly, #30 - never have said this, #31 - don't do Facebook, #32 - never have, #33 - it "might" take me a while to decide but I'm not completely baffled, #34 - no, #35 - don't mind at all!    Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

Re: Baby Boomers Love or Hate. . .

These are good questions but now l have to go back and match your answers to all the questions so l know what you answered?? Lol... I'd like to know what you wrote so maybe I will take the time to see! 🙂
Respected Contributor

I disagree with most of what they had to say.

Honored Contributor

Some of these I've never heard of. I must not be a "Boomer."

these sound like a lot were made up by younger "millenials" who think of "Boomers as old very old. Some of these I can imagine an older generation feeling or saying, like hate paying bills online?!

For me only 2, 12, 28, and 34 and 35 are true but I'm probably the only one who cares lol.

ps I don't mind being called a baby boomer but don't particulary like "boomer." Sounds dumb. yeah basically I think these are dumb.

Maybe "Boomers" like to use the word dumb.😄 

How bout "cool" for the greatest generation and back again for millenials, genexers and younger, and we always said neat!

Anyway thanks, I think? @beach-mom for this.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

No, don't agree (by and large).  I'm at the tail end of what's considered a "boomer" and I grew up on the coat tails of the hippie movement.

This "generation" spans nearly 20 years so there are varied POV.

It seems there are those who like to make assumptions and broad generalizations and then gloat over the hilarity, or their own cultural aptness.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I'm a boomer and am not a fam of these kinds of lists. I'm sure they're tongue-in-cheek but just not something that's close to most boomers I know.

If these young people are lucky, they'll live to my age too.

Honored Contributor

Baby Boomers do not have time to read all that. 

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

No, don't agree (by and large).  I'm at the tail end of what's considered a "boomer" and I grew up on the coat tails of the hippie movement.

This "generation" spans nearly 20 years so there are varied POV.

It seems there are those who like to make assumptions and broad generalizations and then gloat over the hilarity, or their own cultural aptness.

@Sweetbay magnolia 

I was born later than my siblings and always felt that I was really not of the same generation.

I have since realized that I am not a true Boomer but I am instead a Joneser.  You might be one, too.  Generation Jones makes much more sense to me.

But, Boomer or Joneser, this list is poppyc_ck.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope, don’t agree with the majority of this list. If I were to show this lists to millennials I know, I’m sure they would disagree with the list too.

ETA- That is if Millennials wrote this list at all.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has to be the most ridiculous list I have ever read.

Who in the world made this one up?

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward