Honored Contributor

autumn-in-the-white-mountains-of-new-hampshire-royalty-free-image-841380450-1567025100.jpg

New Hampshire mountains, fall.

September, merging into October, is one of my favorite times.   So many parts of the United States are beautiful this time of year.   And I live for the tiny elusive season of "Indian Summer",  whenever it comes...

fall-pictures-vermont-farm-1529010175.jpg

Vermont farm.

gallery-1501183447-gettyimages-478656454.jpg

Near Aspen, Colorado.

Respected Contributor

All three are beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I'm prejudiced as October is my birthday month! Woman Very Happy  When I was younger, I hated being born so late in the year.  Now I love it.

Also love the late September going into October days.  The only thing I greatly dislike is the shorter days.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos.

Trusted Contributor

Gorgeous photos!!  The first 2 could be local vistas for me in upstate NY.  Thanks for sharing these natural beauties Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Count me in as loving this time of year !!   Many beautiful places in this great country and what colors!!  Our fall in New England will peak early this year due to the dry summer. We are well on our way and the colors are spectacular Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It's pretty, but it's FREEZING here!  Stepped outside for a second and I swear I feel winter in the air.

We had drenching rains during the night and everything is so lush and the sky is so blue.  The air is so fresh.

Only supposed to be in the low 70s today and only reach the 60's this weekend.  

I'll have to wear ear muffs for my bike ride.

Ocean City, NJ. (till it gets too cold--then head home)

Honored Contributor

Those are so pretty.  But for us Sept. is almost exact replica of August except maybeee........about 5º cooler toward the end of the month.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Autumn is my favorite season and October my favorite month.

Love when the air is crisp and the temperatures are in the 50's.

As a nature lover, extra thanks for sharing these great photos.

Especially the gorgeous first one.

Respected Contributor

It is so nice to finally get to this point in the year.

On our trips to New Hampshire and Vermont in the fall, I did not want to leave.  It is absolutely stunning!!

I recall being in the White Mountains in New Hampshire on a very brisk day and smelling the wood burning in the fireplaces and stoves.  Wonderful!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Irish1210,  thank you so much for reminding me!  New York State, from the Adirondacks, on through Central and Western New York, has unrivaled vistas.  But it's such a vast region, it might not get quite the attention that other leaf-peeping areas get.  The Empire State has a wild beauty that is magnificent.

For you:

Screenshot_2020-09-30 Autumn trees in Upstate NY Autumn scenery, Scenery, Fall pictures.jpg

Northern New York State, rolling endlessly with color...

Fall_in_the_Adirondacks_-_panoramio.jpg