Esteemed Contributor

BUYER BEWARE,PLEASE CHECK YOUR S&H CHARGES FOR THE LAST WEEK AT LEAST

I DISCOVERED SIX ITEMS THAT WHERE EITHER 3.00 OR 5.00 SHIPPING AND WAS CHARGED 6.27 OR 5.47 OR HIGHER.  THIS ALSO INCREASES YOUR TAX AMOUNT BECAUSE QVC CHARGES TAX AFTER THE S&h.

I NOTIFIED CS AND GOT REFUNDED ON ALL MY ITEMS.  IT SEEMS TO BE HAPPENING ON AUTOMATIC ORDERING.  CS SAID OH MAYBE THERE IS A CLICH IN THE SYSTEM. 

HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE PAYING A COUPLE OF DOLLARS MORE FOR EACH ITEM. 

PLEASE CHECK YOUR CHARGES UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE.  I ALREADY HAD AROUND 10 DOLLARS REFUNDED IN S&H AND TAXES.  NEED TO CALL AGAIN TOMORROW FOR THE ITEMS THAT WERE NOT PUT ON MY CARD YET BECAUSE i HAVE BEEN OVERCHARGED ON THESE ITEMS.

ANOTHER NEW PRACTICE THIS WEEK, IS YOU ARE NO LONGER ASKED ON THE AUTOMATIC ORDERING WHAT CARD YOU WANT TO USE, YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED ON THE Q CARD, THEN YOU HAVE TO CALL OR GO INTO YOUR ACCOUNT TO CHANGE THE CHARGE CARD TO THE ONE YOU WANT IT TO GO ON 

QVC IS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE.  I HAVE CANCELLED EVERYTHING BUT TWO ITEMS FOR CHRISTMAS.

Honored Contributor

Re: BUYER BEWARE,PLEASE CHECK YOUR S&H CHARGES FOR THE LAST WEEK AT LEAST

Your right! I went back and looked and they charged me $8.47 for an item that should have been $5. I will call customer service tomorrow AM. Thanks for posting this.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sorry that happened to you. I hope everything gets straightened out. I went back and checked and my orders were all ok. But thank you for the heads up. If I buy anything from now on I will double check.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Yes, I get that a terrible mistake was made, but please, please  -  no company charges sales tax on anything.  They collect whatever the people you elected to your state/county/city government tells them to collect.

Blame businesses for their mistsakes, but not for things they have no control over.   When I see shouting as in the OP and then see that error, I start to think I'm not seeing the whole truth.  Sorry, but that's exactrly how I feel. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't remember when the $3.00 S&H went into effect.  Also, I'm wondering about auto delivery orders that were placed before the S&H change.  Do auto delivery orders change to $3.00 or stay at the original S&H?  Guess I'll have to call also.  Thanks for mentioning this.   

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Yes, I get that a terrible mistake was made, but please, please  -  no company charges sales tax on anything.  They collect whatever the people you elected to your state/county/city government tells them to collect.

Blame businesses for their mistsakes, but not for things they have no control over.   When I see shouting as in the OP and then see that error, I start to think I'm not seeing the whole truth.  Sorry, but that's exactrly how I feel. 

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with sales tax. We are talking about shipping and handling charges.

Respected Contributor

None of my sales have over charged shipping.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with sales tax. We are talking about shipping and handling charges.

OP may have made better use of the word 'adds' tax after shipping charges, or even 'computes' the tax afterwards, but I think we all know what was meant. Technically, it is the state government that 'charges' us our taxes in this case, the business is just obligated to collect it and forward it to each state in the amount they have determined.

And it has everything to do with sales tax, as if the shipping was higher than supposed to be, it would increase the amount of tax added to to bill. Yes, only pennies for most people, but hard earned pennies.

Esteemed Contributor

My QVC purchases have been reduced by about 75% since the new shipping policy went into place and clothing purchases have gone to zero. No more trying on for me! I do have one pair of Clark's on advance order since I know their sizing but aside from that QVC gets no more of my fashion dollars and that was the huge majority of my buying.
Respected Contributor

And you've got to watch your refund amount when you return items.  I always pay for the return shipping and I've noticed that they charge me the $6.95 return cost as if I used their return label.  QVC is trying to make money any way they can including overcharging or incorrect refund amounts.  They keep getting worse and worse...  I barely watch anymore...