Trusted Contributor

Re: BUYER BEWARE,PLEASE CHECK YOUR S&H CHARGES FOR THE LAST WEEK AT LEAST

@KathyPet wrote:
My QVC purchases have been reduced by about 75% since the new shipping policy went into place and clothing purchases have gone to zero. No more trying on for me! I do have one pair of Clark's on advance order since I know their sizing but aside from that QVC gets no more of my fashion dollars and that was the huge majority of my buying.

I also only order things I'm positive I want and absolutely no clothes or shoes.  I like Nordstrom for beauty and Zappos for shoes and every once in a while for clothes.  

Honored Contributor

OP stated "THIS ALSO INCREASES YOUR TAX AMOUNT BECAUSE QVC CHARGES TAX AFTER THE S&h."

Just just should have said "...because QVC is required to charge tax after the S&H in my state"

Each state determines whether the S&H is taxable not QVC as someone else noted.

I, too, have found MANY overcharges on auto del. shipping.  Always call for a refund.

I, too, have found MANY errors on the amount of my return....deducting the $6.95 when I paid for the return myself and still have the label in my hand!

QVC needs to look at their procedures and training!  I shouldn't have to scrutinize every transaction but I do.

And have been for a long time now!

Thanks OP for bringing this to everyone's attention.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Yes, I get that a terrible mistake was made, but please, please  -  no company charges sales tax on anything.  They collect whatever the people you elected to your state/county/city government tells them to collect.

Blame businesses for their mistsakes, but not for things they have no control over.   When I see shouting as in the OP and then see that error, I start to think I'm not seeing the whole truth.  Sorry, but that's exactrly how I feel. 

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with sales tax. We are talking about shipping and handling charges.

Yes it does HH.  You need to reread the OP's post.  She is charged tax on her s/h as well, as she stated in her post.  That means she is paying more in sales tax because the s/h is higher than it should be.      

Esteemed Contributor

I want to state that I was very upset at the time of posting.  QVC even called me back 10pm CA time last night. 

I AM PUTTING THIS IN CAPS NOT SHOUTING, JUST SO YOU CAN READ AND SEE.  NOT ABOUT THE TAXES, THOUGH OTHER COMPANIES DO NOT TAX YOU AFTER S&h IN MY EXPERIENCE, BUT THIS IS ABOUT THE EXTRA CHARGES FOR S&H.

MILLSHOPS, THIS HAS HAPPEN IN THE LAST WEEK, NOT SINCE THE 3 OR 5 DOLLAR CHARGES STARTED.

THEY ARE CORRECTING EVERYTHING AND I HAVE CANCELLED MY REMAINING ORDERS.

ALL I WAS DOING HERE WAS WARNING PEOPLE TO LOOK AT THEIR S&H CHARGES, NOTHING MORE.  CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW MUCH MORE MONEY THEY ARE MAKING WITH THE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE BEING DUPED ON S&H.

CAPS BECAUSE THE PRINTING IS SO SMALL, I JUST WANT TO MAKE PEOPLE AWARE.  AS USUAL ON THESE BOARDS SOMEONE READS IT WRONG.

JUST CHECK YOUR S&H, FORGET TAXES.  LARGER S&H MAKES FOR  LARGER AMOUNT ON TAXES, THAT IS WHY TAXES WAS MENTIONED.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info.  What happened to the one base fee of $3 for everything they pushed last winter?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I chose to stop buying anything from the Q over 18months ago.

I have no regrets.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Regular Contributor

Same here especially since I started finding other online sites that is not even as big as QVC who charge no shipping, and better quality. I have been a Q shopper since 1988 it's a shame to see the decline in value,quality.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Yes they are not giving full refunds.... A lot of products are $3.00 SH... One item was $2.98 SH and when I returned they kept $7.01. I called thinking it was another mistake, but I was told that was correct. They charge more than double on SH and a 75 cent FEE.. YES A FEE... They should be notifying/advertising this practice instead of keeping it in the dark until you return something.... That is a sneaky practice... I had to call last month because they charged me TRIPLE on reutrning breezies bras...  I buy a lot from QVC and rarely return things... From now on unless I have already tried something and liked it..... I won't order or try anything new.... I will stick to what I have already ordered/tried or if SH is included...