Honored Contributor

Yep, it's weird we're in the northern part of Tx. I need to take a pic and shoot it up.  Amarillo, area.

I've been here for 10 yrs and I don't remember seeing the trees all silver before. Praise God wind ain't blowing though ! I'll never get used to no rain or hardly any rain for months. I might as well  move to Arizona !

No Way !

Honored Contributor

We are in the middle of two weeks of sub zero temperatures, with a snowstorm sandwiched in between.

Respected Contributor

It was 68 iin my neck of the woods.  Too soon to warm up for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful wall to wall sunshine and a balmy 10 degrees when I went out at lunchtime here in Northern MI.

Listening to my neighbor rev his snowmobile at night. Takes it out to the driveway, warms it up and puts it back to bed in the garage.

Frustrated there's not enough snow on the ground to take it for a spin.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE - it is cold but I am so thankful the wind isn't blowing as well! 

Honored Contributor

DSCN1228.jpeg

my poor green shrub ! Hope it don't die.

Honored Contributor

I think we'll just get rain.  Hope so, because it's supposed to be above freeIng.  We'll get more possibility of snow further in to next week.  

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

DSCN1228.jpeg

my poor green shrub ! Hope it don't die.

@SharkE 

It really is silver!  Does covering with a blanket or tarp help?

Honored Contributor

Guess I should had checked on that. I just never thought that would be a problem in Tx. even the northern part.

It's just been a bad yr 2020 going into 2021. Drought conditions, now, these zero temps and heavy frost. I hope everything survives. We're getting to old to plant and pay out for pinion trees (250 and up) and then run back and forth to the sprinkler box all day long because you can't run at night because it being in the low temps or you'll wake up to 'sparkling diamonds' all over the ground . If stuff dies we're not replanting. Just can't have nothing but yews, pinion trees, evergreen shrubs because the jack rabbits eat them to the ground. 

One yr I planted Forsynthia bushes, flowering shrubs in pinks. Rabbits got every one of them ! I about cried. I wondered why my neighbor has NOTHING I mean nothing in her front yard. She's not mowing and triming and paying out for stuff that only the rabbits will enjoy. We have to drag 100 foot hoses out to the areas the sprinkler don't reach. He is 71 and has bad hip I'm in better shape, but, I got enough to do without help and it's just to much any more. Just gonna have to have a less then pretty yard I guess.

Honored Contributor

I'm ready for spring.  We've had more than twice as much snow as usual for an entire winter. It's been below zero for days and we're expected to reach 20 below (before wind chill) and have another big snowstorm this weekend.