Super Contributor

BRRRRRRR.....We are battening down the hatches for......

the most cold we have seen here in Massachusetts. The wind is starting up and they predict by nightfall that our temps will fall way below zero!

Luckily we have all we need in the house for this cold overnight.

I have been leaving some kibble outside and keeping an eye out for the three cat's that have come by our house hungry. We will rescue them if they show up-that's what my DH I do volunteering. I worry about them always-do they have a home and did their people let them outside like that. Our's are indoor cats.

Just thinking out loud ladies! {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

Re: BRRRRRRR.....We are battening down the hatches for......

We had that weather last week.

It will get better...

Respected Contributor

We had a feral kitten last year that was sleeping up in our trucks engine/ tire area to stay warm. I was able to coach him out by feeding him and gaining his trust. We had a cat condo my husband built for another outdoor cat that used it until she passed away. I cleaned out the house and put in fresh matts and blankets and he has taken over the house now. He also let's us pet him and play with him. His thank you to us is a dead rat, mouse or bird. Which he likes to leave at the door so I always look before I take a step on my "present".
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Super Contributor

We have had very cold below zero weather off and on for weeks, and getting a warm up above freezing. Yippee!! Hunker down and enjoy.

Honored Contributor

Last week was brutal here. My boy doesn't go out. I kept the fireplace going just for him.
Regular Contributor

How wonderful of you and your husband to care about the animals (dear and close to my heart too).

We leave out food too for the creatures in wintertime.

Our cats are indoors only. I feel so sorry for the animals out in the cold.

Honored Contributor

Bless you and DH, and all the inside and outside babies. {#emotions_dlg.wub}