Honored Contributor

Re: BREAKING NEWS: REPORTS OF FATALITIES IN MILWAUKEE ACTIVE SHOOTING

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I will get flamed for this, but I think we have raised a bunch of young adults who expect to get what they want or else.  It started with everyone gets a trophy, so kids did not learn to compete, to lose, to not win, and to handle disappointment.

Now the tendency is to blame others, not take responsibility and to look to others to fulfill happiness, for SOME people.  I am not talking about a certain group here, but in general there are more people who see themselves as blameless and victims when bad things (like criticism or job loss) happens to them. 

People don't know how to deal with disappointment. 

He was 51, hardly an 'young adult'.

I think a lot of young adults don't know how to deal with disappointment.  I also said SOME people to emphasize that I am not speaking about only young adults.

I know older people who don't take disappointment or losing well either.  My  post stated it was in general about people who are angry and act out that anger.

But yes, I do think it is more prevalent in younger people, and I am basing that on a number of people I know who manage or teach them.  They talk about how difficult it is to reason with many of them, or to point out mistakes and deficiencies in job or school.  It is much more difficult in recent years according to these people. 

That to me indicates a problem. 

Sorry Sooner, but there are plenty of young people who are also not running around killing their co-workers or fellow students.

Honored Contributor

Re: BREAKING NEWS: REPORTS OF FATALITIES IN MILWAUKEE ACTIVE SHOOTING

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I will get flamed for this, but I think we have raised a bunch of young adults who expect to get what they want or else.  It started with everyone gets a trophy, so kids did not learn to compete, to lose, to not win, and to handle disappointment.

Now the tendency is to blame others, not take responsibility and to look to others to fulfill happiness, for SOME people.  I am not talking about a certain group here, but in general there are more people who see themselves as blameless and victims when bad things (like criticism or job loss) happens to them. 

People don't know how to deal with disappointment. 

He was 51, hardly an 'young adult'.

I think a lot of young adults don't know how to deal with disappointment.  I also said SOME people to emphasize that I am not speaking about only young adults.

I know older people who don't take disappointment or losing well either.  My  post stated it was in general about people who are angry and act out that anger.

But yes, I do think it is more prevalent in younger people, and I am basing that on a number of people I know who manage or teach them.  They talk about how difficult it is to reason with many of them, or to point out mistakes and deficiencies in job or school.  It is much more difficult in recent years according to these people. 

That to me indicates a problem. 

Sorry Sooner, but there are plenty of young people who are also not running around killing their co-workers or fellow students.

@SydneyH As there are people of ALL ages not killing co-workers or fellow students. I'd say MOST people of ALL ages aren't doing that. I think I can safely say that.   

And again, I made a valid comment that is not being taken as fair observation and processed as criticism, which is objected to.