Esteemed Contributor

BRAVE 11 YEAR OLD SAVES HERSELF

[ Edited ]

People Magazine sends me news via my computer and the following is one of the stories that was published:

An eleven year old girl in Florida was sitting at a bus stop when a man ran toward her attempting to grab her.  She immediately fought back and she had blue slime she had been playing with and deliberately smeared some of it on both of his arms.

She was able to fight him off because it was attracting notice and he ran off.  She told the police and her mother she remembered seeing on Law and Order SVU to put something on a person that would be noticed to make it easier for the police to find them and that is why she covered his arms with her slime.

Mariska Hagerty who is the star of Law and Order was so pleased that, number one, it was something that was on one of their shows.  And number two, that the girl remembered it and used it.  Incidentally, the man was found and arrested due to the blue slime.  The girl and her mother watch Law and Order faithfully and never miss a show.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: BRAVE 11 YEAR OLD SAVES HERSELF

@Lindsays Grandma This story and video have been all over the news for a few days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What an amazing young girl. Thanks for posting.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@ Lindsays Grandma Wow such a smart little girl! Thanks for posting it. I hadn’t heard about this.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  So thankful she got away from the predator and that the police have him.  I saw the video and thought.... if she happened to be a smaller, younger child he would have had her.  I hope he never sees freedom again.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Good for her! Always make a scene and cause a commotion. Throw that slime, girl! Whatever you've got, use it. That is awesome.

I'm glad she won the fight. Of course she should never have had to. It's sad she even had to know to do this, but here we are.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids  I wasn't aware that it has been shown all over the news for days.  Incidentally, there were others who haven't seen it either so I guess we are just late bloomers. Woman Very Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam