Honored Contributor

Re: BRAD PITT'S MEA CULPA

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

Brad Pitt did drugs and drank hard before he was 40. He's 53 now.  It goes back to the time of Jennifer A.

This was no one else's fault, as much as some wish it was.

"“I spent years *bleeping* off,” Pitt, 49, tells Esquire in its June/July issue, on newsstands May 31. “But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago.” 

"At the time, he was scared it might be too late. He was reaching 40, and had been through years of hard living in search of an elusive high."

"For a long time I thought I did too much damage – drug damage,” he says. “I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I followed that other thing.”  

http://people.com/celebrity/brad-pitt-talks-about-past-drinking-drug-use/

I remember several years ago, I think in Vanity Fair, he wrote/told that he left Jen because all she wanted to do was sit around and smoke pot.  He got tired of that.  Almost like he was calling her out, but not himself. 

Maybe it wasn't VF.

I do remember Jen talking to VF (I think!) and saying that what happened between Brad and Angelina was 'not cool'.  It was cheating according to her.  Both on the part of Brad and AJ. 

Although, I've read here (just as trustworthy as any new media outlet...lol) that it was *known* Jen and Joey from friends always had a thing going.

(Sigh), who knows.  Why I know anything about these people is beyond me!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@susan in California wrote:

@Noel7

Whew!  This discussion has certainly become interesting.

I read the interview this morning on the internet.

Since here in CA there is no-fault divorce, his admissions

all involve custody issues.  I totally agree that his forthright

attitude is helpful moving forward.

I always enjoy your posts.  Have a great (warm) day.  Hasn't the

weather been great!

@Susan in California

Hi Susan, it is beautiful today, it didn't get as hot as predicted... thankfully! 

Too bad all states don't have no fault, so much easier.  IMO Pitt has done the right thing, he came out as a stand up guy, although a few seem unhappy he admitted his faults.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Brad Pitt did drugs and drank hard before he was 40. He's 53 now.  It goes back to the time of Jennifer A.

This was no one else's fault, as much as some wish it was.

"“I spent years *bleeping* off,” Pitt, 49, tells Esquire in its June/July issue, on newsstands May 31. “But then I got burnt out and felt that I was wasting my opportunity. It was a conscious change. This was about a decade ago.” 

"At the time, he was scared it might be too late. He was reaching 40, and had been through years of hard living in search of an elusive high."

"For a long time I thought I did too much damage – drug damage,” he says. “I was a bit of a drifter. A guy who felt he grew up in something of a vacuum and wanted to see things, wanted to be inspired. I followed that other thing.”  

http://people.com/celebrity/brad-pitt-talks-about-past-drinking-drug-use/

I remember several years ago, I think in Vanity Fair, he wrote/told that he left Jen because all she wanted to do was sit around and smoke pot.  He got tired of that.  Almost like he was calling her out, but not himself. 

Maybe it wasn't VF.

I do remember Jen talking to VF (I think!) and saying that what happened between Brad and Angelina was 'not cool'.  It was cheating according to her.  Both on the part of Brad and AJ. 

Although, I've read here (just as trustworthy as any new media outlet...lol) that it was *known* Jen and Joey from friends always had a thing going.

(Sigh), who knows.  Why I know anything about these people is beyond me!Woman LOL

Hi @Lucky Charm 

I don't remember the dates but I do remember thinking it was cheating imo. Kind of like Elizabeth Taylor and Debbie Reynolds with Eddie Fisher.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I figured it was over the drinking. Seems to be a lot of drinking & drug abuse problems with the stars in Ca.

There is a huge problem with alcoholism and the abuse of many types of drugs thoughout the United States.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: BRAD PITT'S MEA CULPA

[ Edited ]
@Nightowlz wrote:

I figured it was over the drinking. Seems to be a lot of drinking & drug abuse problems with the stars in Ca.

@Nightowlz

The states with the most drinking include Colorado, Vermont. Wisconsin, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Delaware, Washington DC and New Hampshire.

According to the Wash Po, the states with the heaviest drinking are in New England.

Respected Contributor

I have to admit I did favor Brad over AJ. She seemed like such a shrew and a hypocrite for her own failures/addictions and general weirdness.  But if Brad wants to tell the world that he was always a drinker and pot head....ok.  I think everyone inc AJ knew this already though. His fault he's the demon.  Case closed.  

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7

It is interesting.

I read a few years ago that Utah had the most anti-depressant

prescriptions per capita. 

it isn't always what we think.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

She's a nutcase.

I think he seems like a decent man.  I'm sure his drinking contributed to the "issues", but she's no saint either.

Agreed, sounds like he's falling on a sword to contain the insanity, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

What some are missing is that Angelina may have been the reason for his drinking with her controlling and not disciplining the kids.  She did state she believed in letting them do their thing and Brad tried to get them to not be so spoiled when he was shown disciplining them when he was out with themwhen she didn't.  At least that is what pictures and observers noted.  That might have been the only way he could deal with it!  So none of us can really know for sure but it takes 2 and often both are at fault. 

@Pook  Nobody causes another person to drink excessively.  I put that remark in the same category as women causing domestic abuse or rape.   It just doesn't happen.  If the kids were misbehaving, HE should have been the disciplinarian. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind.