Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

If you replace your furniture every four to five years, then yeah, Bob's Furniture is an ok place to buy as any other place.  What I don't like is buying furniture that can't be delivered into my home and placed where I want it.  Places like Hayneedle and Wayfair deliver that sort of furniture that the delivery won't come into your home.

Quality Furniture is really hard to get.  I always consider the density of the cushions for seating.

I agree,  I have had lots of experience with Bob's.  It is furniture that will last 5 -10 years.  In all fairness,  most furniture today comes from Asia and is not well built.  To purchase good  quality American furniture it would cost too much.  I live close to a Bob's basement which is great,  not as good now but 5 years ago it was a big wear house where you could get items really cheap.  I have two of their mattresses and they are the most comfortable matteresses ever.  

I have two higher quality leather sectionals  both less than half price, one was brand new in the back room in the boxes.  I have a few dressers and they both came from the back room and the drawers do not close well.  

I have one kitchen set that I actually ordered and paid full price and I am not really happy with the quality on the table or chairs and don't think it will last more than 5 years. 

I have heard several people say don't pay extra warranty because most of the time they don't stand behind it.  I would recommend the higher end leather couches.  I have a few really nice entertainment centers that have help up well.  

It's medium quality affordable but will only last 5 -10 years.  Most furniture today is disposable and won't last long.  

I just purchased a nice solid wood cherry bed from Amazon that is really decent quality.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: BOB'S FURNITURE

[ Edited ]

@TurnerGal wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

If you replace your furniture every four to five years, then yeah, Bob's Furniture is an ok place to buy as any other place.  What I don't like is buying furniture that can't be delivered into my home and placed where I want it.  Places like Hayneedle and Wayfair deliver that sort of furniture that the delivery won't come into your home.

Quality Furniture is really hard to get.  I always consider the density of the cushions for seating.

I agree,  I have had lots of experience with Bob's.  It is furniture that will last 5 -10 years.  In all fairness,  most furniture today comes from Asia and is not well built.  To purchase good  quality American furniture it would cost too much.  I live close to a Bob's basement which is great,  not as good now but 5 years ago it was a big wear house where you could get items really cheap.  I have two of their mattresses and they are the most comfortable matteresses ever.  

I have two higher quality leather sectionals  both less than half price, one was brand new in the back room in the boxes.  I have a few dressers and they both came from the back room and the drawers do not close well.  

I have one kitchen set that I actually ordered and paid full price and I am not really happy with the quality on the table or chairs and don't think it will last more than 5 years. 

I have heard several people say don't pay extra warranty because most of the time they don't stand behind it.  I would recommend the higher end leather couches.  I have a few really nice entertainment centers that have help up well.  

It's medium quality affordable but will only last 5 -10 years.  Most furniture today is disposable and won't last long.  

I just purchased a nice solid wood cherry bed from Amazon that is really decent quality.

@TurnerGal Top Grain or, Analine dyed leather for me!  This furniture can still be had but like you said it is costly.  For people that like leather ( I do), you can purchase online and the manufacturing of quality leather is very very good.  Of course, it might not be 8 way hand tied, but it will hold up and patina nicely.

A lot of people should be aware of what the industry can call "leather" when speaking about furniture.  What an eye opener!  Sometimes it's good to go ahead and invest in high density cushioning for your seating too.  This all depends on a person's budget, whether they are furnishing their rooms for regular use or just company (den vs. great room/living room).  Five to ten years, Bob's furniture should be doable, but I doubt the high density foam cushioning will be there, but will work for many people.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

I bought a small power recliner from Bob's when I had a big surgery in 2019. I love it! Not sure how it will hold up in the long run, but so far I am really pleased and it's comfortable.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Bob's is a discount furniture company mostly located in the Northeast, although I did see a store advertised in Wisconsin.  It's ads are served by a cartoon character  Bob's is always involved in the communities it serves when it supplies products, food, etc,, to local food banks, goodwill, etc.  the company began as a small supplier of discount furniture and has grown significantly in the years past.  As one forum member said, it is not a Ethan Allen or Pottery Barn, etc., but it can serve a purpose when needed.  Go to Bobs.com to see more.

Honored Contributor

@tobes    Now I know.  Thank you. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment