Valued Contributor

Re: BOARD FRIENDS MISSING - ANYONE KNOW THEIR WHEREABOUTS?????

@tends2dogs wrote:

Thanks to all that filled me in.  I must have missed @SeaMaiden's thread about taking a break.  I hope she doesn't stay away too long!

I know that   @Annabellethecat66lives alone and you always worry about that kind of situation.  Praying for a quick recovery from your surgery, Annabellethecat!

@I think I remember @cherry posting that she is married.  I hope all is well with her, too. 

You always wonder that if somethng happened to one of us, do we have someone that could or would post and let us all know??  Think about it.  There is a lot of care and concern here for others despite the poison that some spew.  It is pathetic that they don't realize that once they hit POST, they have put it out there like a speeding bullet, never considering the hurt they are causing others.  THEY are the ones to be pitied.

So come back one and all.  Don't let the bullies win Smiley Happy!

Why would you immediately jump to that co conclusion when someone leaves a forum? SeaMaiden gave as good as she got so I wouldn't say she got bullied into leaving. Maybe they changed their nicknames and didn't tell anyone.

Or maybe they just didn't find anything interesting to post about anymore. I read and post maybe a couple times a month. Most of the topics are same old, same old anyway. More gossip than any good thought provoking discussions cause Q doesnt allow those,

Regular Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

One got a taste of her own medicine, but I miss her posts.

(Not DA!)

wink1.gif

😉

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't say bullied but comeuppance instead.

Esteemed Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

Or maybe they're just busy.

Jeez louise some of you invent drama for no reason.

No drama, @JJsMom, just a little common concern for others.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Sometimes we have to get pricked by the thorn before we realize how truly precious and wonderful the flower turns out to be. I know when I was ousted from another forum, it made me feel like I had lost some good people that I had met there. I never re-joined but years later I came here and found just as many, if not more, wonderful people. I do miss many of the posters here that appear to be gone now. It makes me very sad.

@SilleeMee  AH, The Thornbirds, a great book!

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

Thanks to all that filled me in.  I must have missed @SeaMaiden's thread about taking a break.  I hope she doesn't stay away too long!

I know that   @Annabellethecat66lives alone and you always worry about that kind of situation.  Praying for a quick recovery from your surgery, Annabellethecat!

@I think I remember @cherry posting that she is married.  I hope all is well with her, too. 

You always wonder that if somethng happened to one of us, do we have someone that could or would post and let us all know??  Think about it.  There is a lot of care and concern here for others despite the poison that some spew.  It is pathetic that they don't realize that once they hit POST, they have put it out there like a speeding bullet, never considering the hurt they are causing others.  THEY are the ones to be pitied.

So come back one and all.  Don't let the bullies win Smiley Happy!

Why would you immediately jump to that co conclusion when someone leaves a forum? SeaMaiden gave as good as she got so I wouldn't say she got bullied into leaving. Maybe they changed their nicknames and didn't tell anyone.

Or maybe they just didn't find anything interesting to post about anymore. I read and post maybe a couple times a month. Most of the topics are same old, same old anyway. More gossip than any good thought provoking discussions cause Q doesnt allow those,

@PinkSunset@  Actually, I was thinking of @cherry as far as receiving rude posts.  I wasn't aware of the @sea maiden thread that so many are talking about now. 

It is very possible that people drop out because they haven't found anything interesting to post about.  Maybe they don't come here because it is the "same old, same old".  Maybe they don't click onto a post because there are no more thought provoking discussions, hmmmmmmmmmmmm, but yet, some of us still do come here, don't we?

I'm not throwing in the towel - I still like it here.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann She changed her name awhile back after the new q forums.I can't say to what as I got poofed.You could title a thread to her and see if she answers,

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 @Mmsfoxxie  You are both very kind to think of me.  I had to sign in to change an auto delivery order today and took a peek and saw the notifications.  Thank you both for your kindness.  

I am in the middle of completely changing careers.  Not a small feat to do in your late 40s.  I'm frankly quite scared about it but I have an intolerable current work situation and I just want something more in line with my passion and more importantly better job security.

I am a little more than halfway through a certification program and the leap is getting very real very quickly.  I'm a little hesitant in sharing that since I'm already on edge about the whole thing but there's the answer since you were so kind to ask about me.  

I hope life has been good to both of you in the months I've missed.  Just seeing I was a thought in someone else's head made me smile and I haven't done a whole lot of that this year.  Thank you for putting one back on my face.  I really appreciate you both.  HeartHeart                      

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@beckyb1012 @Mmsfoxxie  You are both very kind to think of me.  I had to sign in to change an auto delivery order today and took a peek and saw the notifications.  Thank you both for your kindness.  

I am in the middle of completely changing careers.  Not a small feat to do in your late 40s.  I'm frankly quite scared about it but I have an intolerable current work situation and I just want something more in line with my passion and more importantly better job security.

I am a little more than halfway through a certification program and the leap is getting very real very quickly.  I'm a little hesitant in sharing that since I'm already on edge about the whole thing but there's the answer since you were so kind to ask about me.  

I hope life has been good to both of you in the months I've missed.  Just seeing I was a thought in someone else's head made me smile and I haven't done a whole lot of that this year.  Thank you for putting one back on my face.  I really appreciate you both.  HeartHeart                      

@Laura14What a blessing today to know you are well and happy.  I hope the changes in your life are for the good and you will be back on-line more often.  Yes you were missed and I really became worried when Prince's anniversary passed without a sign of you.  Please know you are thought of and come back when you can.

Best wishes, B.

What a great thread this has been for a lot of us.Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's been my experience that those posters who refer to themselves as a "sensitive"(and not talking about those who believe in mediums or seances, etc) are some of the absolute worst people throwing barbs and gossiping; telling half truths as well as out and out lies.I've seen it on other sites particularly the glittery one that has been "out of business" for awhile and unfortunately that stuff lives on, in the hearts and minds of the ill informed.