Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

I will have to look up @@Oatmeal!

HAHA toooooo 🌑 funny!

I used to think I’d see the dramatic!

But when we see the large/dramatic I am beginning to think we are seeing pics where special filters and lenses have been used.

There is an especially good quick time lapse video by Astronomy and Physics World if you want to see the eclipse... there won’t be another lunar eclipse for quite some time.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I went out to look at about 11:50 Eastern time.

I had a difficult time finding it.

The stars were more spectacular than the moon I thought.

It was the farthest away moon I've ever seen so it looked unusually small or just like a large muddy orange star.

Not at all the way its been talked about on the news.

It is a very clear night also.

The most incredible moon I've ever seen was last year. 

I was driving and this moon filled the sky and was a deep bright orange. I've never seen a moon that big!

I don't remember it being in the winter time and I don't remember people talking about it as much. I wonder what kind that was. It was

so beautiful.

Exactly ! that was the best and will stay in my memory. This one was small and at 11:30 I took my last look it was half red. We went to bed then since he was snoring as usual I thought at 12:40 I'd give it one more shot so I go out on front porch and the dang thing was white!

So, that made me mad and went back to bed. LOL Guess it did it's thing like around 12 or 12:30. 

GMA is not showing pics like I hoped they would have to search online.

Note to moon: can you start earlier?   LOL

Respected Contributor

Magnificent!  I'm getting a telescope!

Respected Contributor

We really enjoyed the moon last night. There have been "better" but I am always thrilled at what mother nature can do.

The winds howled all night. Haven't watched the news this am but it felt as though our house would blow off the hill. 

The cats are very agita.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Eh... an anticlimax... I went out supposedly at 'peak' and while the eclipse was clear, the position of the moon in the sky wasn't conducive to any really rewarding viewing... It seemed very far away last night, so whatever 'red' there might have been was barely visible... More or less a non-event around here... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SharkE

It was a nice clear night for spectacular viewing in my neighborhood at 10:55PM Central Time ...(a neighbor friend took this photo)

1024x1024 - Copy (2).jpg

Several in my neighborhood gathered to watch......

The only bummer was when Mr. & Mrs. Skunk decided to join the party.....Maybe the moon impacted their behavior as they didnt spray just scurried along their way ....but we took precautionary measures anyway!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Where I am, it was like an apricot in the sky, and I watched the eclipse become total.  Brrrr.

@Sweetbay magnolia

I also saw that beautiful apricot directly overhead!  DH went off to bed, but Lab stayed with me.  Glad we both were able to see it.

*** Edited to add:  there have been some ??? about this, my sources say it is called Wolf moon because the full moon this time of year coincides with the time of year Wolfs mate.  Wolf pups are born in March, April, so it makes sense.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

We were running in and out to see the different phases.  Temp was 4.  It was beautiful and worth it. I kept thinking about people in ancient times.  They must have been afraid. Back then watching the sky was the entertainment and,to them,foretold things. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SharkE

It was a nice clear night for spectacular viewing in my neighborhood at 10:55PM Central Time ...(a neighbor friend took this photo)

1024x1024.jpg

The only bummer was when Mr. & Mrs. Skunk decided to join the party.....Maybe the moon impacted their behavior as they didnt spray just scurried along their way ....but we took precautionary measures anyway!

Hope you don't mind if I borrow that shot and make me a cutie out of it ?

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@SharkE

1024x1024.jpg

Hope you don't mind if I borrow that shot and make me a cutie out of it ?

@SharkE

Do what you like with the photo...she didnt copyright it or anything 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”