Harold Coffer

6.   "There is still no cure for the common birthday."

John Glenn

7.   "The secret of staying young is to live honestly,

eat slowly, and lie about your age"   Lucille Ball

8.   "Birthdays are good for you.  Statistics show that

the people who have the most live the longest."

Larry  Lorenzo

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: BIRTHDAY GREETINGS BY WELL KNOWN PEOPLE PART 1

@Desertdi ... You are a  night owl like me.  You are always the first one to read my threads in the wee small hours of the morning.  Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma       I worked graveyard for years, and can't break the habit.    It works out well for me........I live in Phoenix, and sleep during the blazing HOT hours of the day.    I have outdoor floodlights, and even do my yardwork at night!!   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma       I worked graveyard for years, and can't break the habit.    It works out well for me........I live in Phoenix, and sleep during the blazing HOT hours of the day.    I have outdoor floodlights, and even do my yardwork at night!!   di

@Desertdi ...Hey, whatever works is the way you live it.  Here in Mesa it's just as hot as it is in Phoenix.  I still miss the great weather in CA but wouldn't go back, it has changed drastically and not for the better.  

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   Holy cow....you're another Californian stuck in the desert!     I lived in Santa Monica for over 20 years.    Over the years, it went from a retirement town....to a mecca for the wealthy.    I hated to leave the "almost perfect" weather, but I can actually AFFORD to live in PHX.   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Love 7 and 8 🤣👍🙏❤️🎂☕️

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, I love the tart commentary by Mark Twain!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma 😂😂😂 I LOOOOVE Lucille Ball's quote! I can actually envision her saying that!!!😂😂🤣.

Oprah's quote is so relevant today-"The more you PRAISE and CELEBRATE your life, the more there is in life to CELEBRATE". As difficult as that might be today for some of us with everything that's going on, we have to keep trying. For me, everyday that I am able to maintain a  reasonable state of health, is worthy of praise.😊👍👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi ...I lived in the San Fernando Valley for 40 years after moving there from New York in 1964 where I was born and raised.  I lived in Northridge, Chatsworth and Encino.  The last 15 years I was working for Warner Bros Studios in Burbank and loved every minute of it, however, there were reasons that forced us to look at the big picture.

CA just became too darned expensive and I hated to leave. My daughter checked out AZ and when we saw how affordable houses were we made the decision to "move on out."  Now she  reached the point due to menopause and the heat , she wants to move to Oregon.  I put my foot down on that one.  My late daughter lived there for years and so did a friend of mine and when both complained about the weather I knew it was not the place for me.  The sun shines only 148 days out of the year and I would find that depressing.   Plus, from what I have read, housing is a lot more expensive there than here.

So here we are, two out of hundreds and hundreds of people who post have found one another who have something in common.  I will always be grateful for those 40 years.