Super Contributor

does anyone know how to keep birds from constantly pecking on the windows in the winter

Honored Contributor

Maybe provide them some food and shelter?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Pecking on a window means that the birds are seeing their reflection in the glass and are reacting out of the need to defend their territory. They see their reflection and think it's another bird looking back. Most likely a seasonal thing and will pass.

Esteemed Contributor

@princesess wrote:

does anyone know how to keep birds from constantly pecking on the windows in the winter

@princesess  I once had a bird that kept flying into one of my windows.  I hung several pics of birds in that window.  It worked.  One pic was an eagle.

Valued Contributor

I don't know about pecking on windows, but I found that when I put my sun reflector in my windshield, the birds stopped pooping on the windshield. 

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@princesess wrote:

@princesess  I once had a bird that kept flying into one of my windows.  I hung several pics of birds in that window.  It worked.  One pic was an eagle.

Or have your kitty sit on the sill. Maybe get a stuffed animal like a kitty and place it by the window.

Super Contributor

thanks so much! ill try that

Trusted Contributor

We also had this problem so we purchased a plastic owl from Home Depot and placed it near the window where the bird was hitting and this resolved the problem. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Pecking on a window means that the birds are seeing their reflection in the glass and are reacting out of the need to defend their territory. They see their reflection and think it's another bird looking back. Most likely a seasonal thing and will pass.

@SilleeMee.  Yes, you are correct. 

Respected Contributor

@CinNC wrote:

I don't know about pecking on windows, but I found that when I put my sun reflector in my windshield, the birds stopped pooping on the windshield. 

@CinNC  Too bad you can't use the reflector while you're driving!  Cat LOL

Laura loves cats!