Respected Contributor

Woke up this morning to find the bird was able to get himself/herself out of the box and to the endge of the pool.  About 8-10 feet.  Moving both wings and seems to be able to keep head more straight but continues to twitch a little.  Has not moved from spot for hours.  Still won't eat or drink.  I have a chair sideways so the bird won't go into the pool.  I'm going to give a couple of more hours.  If it still hasn't moved, I'll call the number the lady at the vet gave me.  My husband keeps saying no one is going to come for the bird,  but I'm trying to remain hopeful.  

Honored Contributor

I'm encouraged by the fact that Birdie is being more mobile, good news!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Woke up this morning to find the bird was able to get himself/herself out of the box and to the endge of the pool.  About 8-10 feet.  Moving both wings and seems to be able to keep head more straight but continues to twitch a little.  Has not moved from spot for hours.  Still won't eat or drink.  I have a chair sideways so the bird won't go into the pool.  I'm going to give a couple of more hours.  If it still hasn't moved, I'll call the number the lady at the vet gave me.  My husband keeps saying no one is going to come for the bird,  but I'm trying to remain hopeful.  

Someone may drive to meet you somewhere. We found a baby bird a few years ago and took it to a rescue in a town nearby. Sadly the bird did not survive but at least we did what we could. Good luck and don't give up hope. And thank you again for caring for the little creature ❤️ Also we watch some shows about game wardens and frequently they will pick up injured animals and take them to rescues. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks again for the update.  I'll be surprised if anyone comes for the bird, but you may be able to take it someplace.

Honored Contributor

Bless your heart .Heart

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

When I was taking care of a pair of sparrows 500 years ago, I gave them raw hamburger. They ate it. I also gave them bits of bread soaked in milk. They ate that, too. I have no idea whether those things were okay, just that the sparrows ate them. They were fledglings who'd fallen from their nest. I was able to keep them alive and eventually threw them back into the tree--they flew--and I assume they lived out their sparrow lives. I say "assume" because they never sent Christmas cards with updates, even though they knew where I lived. Avian ingratitude.

Honored Contributor

Are you offering it water? If it will not drink out of a bowl,  Try to give it some with a dropper at the side of the beak and see if it  won't  drink some down. Water is so important!