Esteemed Contributor
Do you think it is safe to eat eggs because is the bird flu??
Valued Contributor

If you google it, it says yes. WHO has stated that well cooked poultry and eggs are safe to eat from birds that have bird flu.

Honored Contributor

If it wasn't there would be millions of sick or dead people.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

From the CDC (dotgov):

---------------------------

"Preparing food"

"The U.S. poultry industry has strict health and safety standards, including regular monitoring for bird flu. It is safe to eat properly handled and cooked poultry in the United States. Properly handling and cooking poultry and eggs to an internal temperature of 165˚F kills bacteria and viruses, including bird flu viruses. People should handle raw poultry hygienically and cook all poultry and poultry products (including eggs) all the way before eating. Eating uncooked or undercooked poultry can make you sick. More information is available at Chicken and Food Poisoning."

------------

'While there is no evidence that anyone has gotten bird flu after eating properly cooked poultry products, uncooked poultry and poultry products (like blood) could have been the source of a small number of bird flu virus infections in people in Southeast Asia. Visit USDA – Food Safety Education for instructions on handling poultry safely."

-----------------

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/avianflu/prevention.htm#:~:text=Preparing%20food,-The%20U.S.%20poultry&text=....

Honored Contributor

@January121

Yes, definitely!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would not be eating raw, sunny side up, over easy or soft boiled eggs. I never have anyway. Absolutely no runny part of any egg goes in my diet ever.

Honored Contributor

I love living my life in sweet innocence. I don't watch the news. I never knew there was a bird flu. I eat our local Amish family eggs every morning. Mmm!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I heard Dr Ashton on Good Morning America say that it is okay to eat cooked eggs.

Honored Contributor

@ID2wrote:

I love living my life in sweet innocence. I don't watch the news. I never knew there was a bird flu. I eat our local Amish family eggs every morning. Mmm!

@ID2I eat my next door neighbors chickens eggs. Mmm, and they are free.

Respected Contributor

Well, Okay then. SO, how come the lack of Wings at the resturants a while back and threats of Turkey shortages for Thanksgiving on the news, if the science says it's safe when cooked? Is a Curiosity.

And Drat, No eggwhites for the eggnog!