Esteemed Contributor

The snowstorm didn't help...even my UPS orders grinded to a halt...

Just stuff for me that I am not in a hurry for...

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

This is the first year in my life ,i am not buying presents,except for my dog ,i am sooo glad.

@goldensrbest.  I was only exchanging gifts with my sister and  we agreed to stop 5 or 6 years ago.  Postage had become more than the gifts were worth.  So I do no shopping except for some gift cards for my two adult grandsons.  I think this year I'll email them Amazon cards since one is stationed on a ship in Japan in the Navy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

No one should be surprised by this, IMO.

We've ALL known since early this year that online ordering and shipping was the only way to get what we want or need during this pandemic.

Is anyone really surprised that shipping is a problem during this time?

I find that hard to believe......

@KingstonsMom   I still think people will be spazzing out with QVC promising delivery by Christmas.  JMO

Are they still making that promise?  Good grief!   

@chickenbutt   Yes all the jewelry today is being promised and up till yesterday they were and I don't think it will happen.  

That is just insane!   Just recently I had something I ordered (not holiday related) that came from Sparks.  Reno and Sparks are like Minneapolis and St Paul - right up against each other so you don't even know where the line is.

Anyway, to get from Sparks to Reno took several days.    These were business days, not over a weekend.  

So, if something was coming from the East Coast to here there is no way it would get here in less than a week.  Not to even mention the additional time of 'processing' with QVC orders.

Well, I guess this year the 'QVC ruined my holiday' threads will be plentiful.   SMH

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

We've ALL known since early this year that online ordering and shipping was the only way to get what we want or need during this pandemic.

Not to mention all the OTHER threads on this very same topic in the forums.

@Pearlee   I do not read all the forums.  So if people know this , then they can pass it by. 

@BalletBabe  I usually at least glance around the likely suject-matter  forums to see if a similar thread is already there before I start one that is just going to duplicate others.

Honored Contributor

USPS, what's new? UPS and FedX have things more important to deliver than a package of bloomers or rear flap long johns. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt. @BalletBabe.  I ordered a Linea necklace Tuesday of this week.  They sent it straight UPS and its out for delivery today.

Honored Contributor

I decided to do no gift shopping for christmas, my granddaughters get pretty  much what they want,and i feel  that the gifts i have bought the past few yeas ,for their christmas, have not really been liked,though they said nothing ,i get for their birthdays,and little thing through the year,they are teenagers.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chickenbutt. @BalletBabe.  I ordered a Linea necklace Tuesday of this week.  They sent it straight UPS and its out for delivery today.

Awesome!  Smiley Happy  Maybe they are using their powers for good and learning how to process/ship an order in a short time like many other retailers can.  

I have an order from another retailer that was supposed to be delivered today but, last I saw, it was in Sacramento this morning.  That is a one-day by ground from here but I have a feeling it will be at least a couple more days.  This, however, is coming FedEx Ground.  That's what was used for the order I mentioned that came from Sparks to Reno and took several days.   Glad it's not important that I got it today.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Not to mention all the OTHER threads on this very same topic in the forums.

@Pearlee   I do not read all the forums.  So if people know this , then they can pass it by. 

@BalletBabe  I usually at least glance around the likely suject-matter  forums to see if a similar thread is already there before I start one that is just going to duplicate others.

@BalletBabe 

Please ignore the 'resident board scolder', she thinks it's her job, so she does it to everyone on the forums, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest.  Send money!  Even teens like it.  Its too hard to know what kids that age like or want.  That's what I always did.