Respected Contributor

Re: #### BEWARE "Fun Quizzes" are Data Mining and Collecting, Personal Information ####

On 6/4/2014 croemer said:
On 6/4/2014 scotttie said:

Okay, I always sort of figured it was a marketing thing but I don't see how they can get your credit card info etc? None of the quizzes I took ever asked anything like that.

One that was posted (not by Croemer) asked for your email address before it would give you the answer to the quiz and I wouldn't give that.

I don't see how they can get info that is harmful?

I don't either...none of the Quiz's I posted asked for that info. Now selling your preferences I can see.

Yes, as long as you don't give any specific information I don't see the big deal. Like someone else said they mine our data every website we visit. Nothing on the internet is private.

I don't see why we care if they use these for generic marketing data?

Respected Contributor

Re: #### BEWARE "Fun Quizzes" are Data Mining and Collecting, Personal Information ####

On 6/4/2014 Lila Belle said:

Yep. Almost everyone I took asked for an email address which made me close the quiz.

None of the ones Croemer posted asked for that. At least none that I took of hers and I took almost all of them.

Honored Contributor

Yep. Almost everyone I took asked for an email address which made me close the quiz.

None of the ones Croemer posted asked for that. At least none that I took of hers and I took almost all of them.

Nope they didn't!

Momof4, can you tell me a little about the site you mentioned???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

I don't do Facebook. The quizzes presented on here are okay with me. So I get a few more ads?

Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2014 insomniac said:

I don't do Facebook. The quizzes presented on here are okay with me. So I get a few more ads?

Sometimes I don't mind them either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Regular Contributor

I don't like being tricked into answering marketing surveys, that don't tell me what they pretend to mean by their titles anyway, people don't like to answer marketing surveys, they know so they trick us, who knows what they put on our computers too,

Regular Contributor

Why click on a pretend quiz that's there to trick us, anyway.

Honored Contributor

They really don't need your e-mail address...just by going to the site, they have your URL.

Respected Contributor

I'm not happy.

Respected Contributor

On 6/4/2014 terrier3 said:

They really don't need your e-mail address...just by going to the site, they have your URL.

What good will that do them? ANy website we visit has your URL.