Honored Contributor

Re: #### BEWARE "Fun Quizzes" are Data Mining and Collecting, Personal Information ####

Just going online on ANY site and you are being data mined!

Frequent Contributor

Re: #### BEWARE "Fun Quizzes" are Data Mining and Collecting, Personal Information ####

If I were a bagel I would be pumpernickel, good to know.
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/4/2014 bikerbabe said:

You mean unlike the data mining done by everyone else. Hello. Go to a website - QVC, Philosophy, Paula's Choice, Amazon - and you start seeing ads for those products all over. Everyone has tracking cookies etc.

Go to the grocery store, make a purchase, scan your store discount card, get coupons based on your purchases.

We're all in someone's database.Wink

No one gives us anything free. We have to buy it.

Honored Contributor

No use adding to the 'deception'. The least amount is better than all of the possibilities, IMO.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Regular Contributor

Thank you for posting.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for letting us know. I keep receiving a weird pop up message lately though I have anti virus. I guess it's harmless as nothing has happened.

Respected Contributor

Okay, I always sort of figured it was a marketing thing but I don't see how they can get your credit card info etc? None of the quizzes I took ever asked anything like that.

One that was posted (not by Croemer) asked for your email address before it would give you the answer to the quiz and I wouldn't give that.

I don't see how they can get info that is harmful?

Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2014 scotttie said:

Okay, I always sort of figured it was a marketing thing but I don't see how they can get your credit card info etc? None of the quizzes I took ever asked anything like that.

One that was posted (not by Croemer) asked for your email address before it would give you the answer to the quiz and I wouldn't give that.

I don't either...none of the Quiz's I posted asked for that info. Now selling your preferences I can see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

Yep. Almost everyone I took asked for an email address which made me close the quiz.

Valued Contributor

On 6/4/2014 scotttie said:

I was wondering the same thing scottie.

I recently installed Adblock Plus and absolutely love it. No annoying ads on any website. Best thing since sliced bread!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}