Respected Contributor

Maybe because I’m a very cautious person but something like writing a person In prison sets off a caution flag in me. 

Honored Contributor

But what if she writes back? Now you've started something. Do you really want to establish a relationship with her? Because I think that's what you'll be doing.

Trusted Contributor

Why???I am sure you can find something else to do.

Respected Contributor

That would be very unwise.

Honored Contributor

@catlover  - If you want to write to Betty, I say go for it.  I've never written someone in prison, but would love to hear if she responds back to you.  Keep us posted?

Through the years, I've read many of these true crime stories and thought about writing to one of them, but never did.

Honored Contributor

@catlover     WHY write Betty?  You asked our opinion about it so you should tell us why you feel moved to write her.

She killed two people in cold blood.  She is not sorry and blames THEM for making her shoot them to death while sleeping in their bed.  She seems like a narcistic nasty woman. 

Honored Contributor
@Sea Maiden. I disagree that she has any obligation to tell is why she asked. She doesn't. She asked; nobody if forced to answer if she didn't explain why.
Respected Contributor

I personally wouldn't write her but that's me. If you feel like that is something you want to do then I say think on it real hard before you decide one way or the other.

Respected Contributor

Never written to anyone in prison.

Regardless of the sensationalism surrounding the case, trial, etc., the person behind bars is a real human being. She's also a premeditated, cold-blooded murderer who slaughtered the father of her four children. I would consider her psychotic.

I have worked hard to rid my life of people in the psycho-killer category, and they only dreamed of or attempted what Betty actually accomplished. I cannot understand inviting that kind of evil and chaos into your orbit.

Esteemed Contributor

You can look up her inmate number on California State Prison inmate locater system on the website. It's public record.  She's at Chino Institute for Women. The prison address is public, too.

It will be up to her counselor whether or not your letter is forwarded to her.

@catlover