Honored Contributor

Re: BERNIE MADOFF DIES IN PRISON

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Porcelain Just FYI, no one poster can "instruct' the mods to delete anything.

A post can be reported but that doesn't mean it will be deleted. It's up to the mods.

And I don't feel one bit bad for that evil crook. He was a waste of oxygen. 

@Love my grandkids, I think that @Porcelain's use of "instruct" meant the same as "report" in in this context.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Available now OnDemand (a NatGeo production):

"Bernie Madoff: In His Own Words"

"The story of the largest financial fraud in history as told by those who were there, including victims, employees, family members, FBI agents, and Bernie Madoff himself; includes archival news footage, photos and recordings."

Respected Contributor

Carmine Persico took a liking of him and took Madoff under his protection.  Persico was a well known Mafiso in Butner for life.  Madoff advised him on investments!  Persico died in 2019.

Don't feel too bad for Ruth Madoff..........she was allowed to keep 1.2 Million!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@NicksmomESQ    He was very popular and well liked in prison...the other inmates admired him. Sadly, in prison he probably was happy. 

@SeaMaiden  I heard that too but somehow I don't believe it. He went from the high life to a jail cell. He was an emotionless S O B .I don't think he wanted to give the public the satisfaction of knowing that he was a broken man. 
  Both his sons are dead.His wife & grandchildren wanted nothing to do with him.The government refused his request for a compassionate release from prison.If a few prison mates admired him I doubt that made him happy. Early on a fellow prisoner also beat the c r a p out of him.
 Some mobsters apparently took a liking to him & protected him.
  By the way IMO his wife jumped ship to save her own skin. I believe she knew exactly what he was doing.She got off easy compared to him.She got to keep $2 1/2 million & slither away,to live a quiet life.

Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

Carmine Persico took a liking of him and took Madoff under his protection.  Persico was a well known Mafiso in Butner for life.  Madoff advised him on investments!  Persico died in 2019.

Don't feel too bad for Ruth Madoff..........she was allowed to keep 1.2 Million!

I read it was $2.5 million. Either way, she's not poor.

Honored Contributor

Was he in Federal Prison?

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne  YUP!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

"Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish"

Respected Contributor

A soulless person who personified narcissism. I'm just glad he was convicted and put away. So many rich people have the $$$ to buffer themselves from judicial justice.

Respected Contributor

His life ended, but...what about the lives he ruined???