Esteemed Contributor

Re: BENNY GOODMAN, KING OF SWING

[ Edited ]

@Oznell "Sing Sing Sing" is one of my all time favorites. When the kids and grandkids were just babies, they were all treated to frequent listening sessions. One of my grandsons plays the drums in school, and we like to compare the best drummers of all time on youtube videos. Krupa is certainly in the group.Also, we were able to see Lionel Hampton in concert here in PA  back in the 70's. What a thrill!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic and baiting

Esteemed Contributor

I just love any and all big band music. 

Honored Contributor

@Harpa,  super story!  Glad they "stepped out" beyond the same-old...

Lucky, lucky @hckynut and @PA Mom-mom ,  getting to see some of those greats in person!

Honored Contributor

I like their music and I also like the way they are dressed!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL...now I'm singing King of Swing by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.

Regular Contributor

@tansy wrote:

LOL...now I'm singing King of Swing by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.

Well I've got The Sultans of Swing going through mine (Dire Straits).  LOL!

As to the OP, I love Benny Goodman and the like.  That music makes me miss my mom and dad.  That was their music, their era. 

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell I love all the big bands! I'm watching "The Glenn Miller Story" right now. The music is glorious. TCM is showing "The Gene Krupa Story" next and after that is "Sweet and Lowdown", with Benny Goodman in the flesh. Three great movies tonight honoring 3 great musicians.

Valued Contributor

@Oznell: You brought back such sweet memories. I grew up listening to his music with my dad because he was my dad's favorite. My dad would play his music all the time. My older brother has all the Album collection of my dads Big Band Era Music. Heart

Honored Contributor

Ha, @Mom2Dogs ,  so do I!  It's casual, but dapper.  They seem to be outfitted in what you'd call maybe,  "1930's Summer Cadg".   Whenever Fred Astaire was supposed to be in a warmer climate in one of his movies, they'd have him in similar sort of "tropical whites" and he looked like a million bucks.

They all had that little silk scarf or cravat or something at the throat, but Goodman as the leader, didn't have to wear one...

Oh, thanks for the tip-off as to TCM, @Buffalogal47 -- I somehow missed that.  DVR- engaged!