Esteemed Contributor

We are about to enter the BBQ season.  Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity.  When a man volunteers to do the BBQ, the following chain of events is put into motion.

Routine:
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes the dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill, beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the
compulsory three-meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL
          More routine....
(6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great.  He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat.

Important again:
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine...
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and washes the dishes.
         And most important of all.......

(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed 'her night off,' and upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Re: BBQ's ~ A Giggle For You

Amen sista'!  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Too funny...but so true! Smiley LOL

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Valued Contributor

Love it, so TRUE!

Esteemed Contributor

Now please do not tell my husband this as he will never let me live it down, my DH when we have a BBQ prepares everthing, not just the meat but everything, and he helps clean up too, but I am going to add that "I trained him right" of course you knew I was going to take the credit, LOL!

This was cute though because YES that is the way it happens in most cases.

Honored Contributor

This is why I don't have a BBQ!!

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne@CareBears@De Anna@Yardlie@Preds

My dh and I have been married for 24 years. We had a dinner party early on in our marriage and I had my dh do the BBQ-ing. That was the first and last time. I do the BBQ-ing now. At our dinner party, I was in the kitchen and looked outside to the deck and there were flames pouring out of our BBQ and he was on the other end of our long deck yukking it up with our guests with his back to the BBQ. Burned all of the steaks. Sometimes I think he did it on purpose so I wouldn't let him do it anymore. LOL

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

"Put Another Log on the Fire"    Tompall Glaser

Esteemed Contributor

@excpa wrote:

"Put Another Log on the Fire"    Tompall Glaser

??

Respected Contributor

OMGoodness that is SO FUNNY LOL!!!! loved it!!