Honored Contributor

I sure hope all of us are able to sleep tonight.

Respected Contributor

It was 105 in Santa Barbara today. Right now it is 89 at nine oclock.  No AC.  It's awful!

Valued Contributor

House so hot here on the Peninsula. Can't wait until tomorrow when the temp drops a few degrees. We need the fog to roll in but will have a bit more heat first. Everybody's windows are open and we are waiting for 4 am when it will be cooler. So so ready for fall and winter. Bring it on!

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 went to sit outside for about half an hour after dinner and that helped cool me off. It's supposed to get into the 50s in the wee hours, fingers crossed.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

It's supposed to be 68 here now, it's 75.  We're supposed to hit 59 on down in the wee hours, I'll believe it when I feel it. 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7, supposed to be a drastic cool-down by Thursday. I hope so, as I badly want to do the Ren Faire and while it was over 100 there this past weekend, the forecast (we can but hope) is for 75-ish there this coming weekend. Fingers crossed!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Here in the desert it was 72° today and in the 40s overnight. Feels wonderful after the hot summer we had.

The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta starts Saturday and it's always cold out on the field at dawn.  Warms up by late morning but everyone bundles up for the morning ascension. 

@Kachina624 that must be such a gorgeous sight, and a thrilling thing to be part of. Lucky you!

@Moonchilde  It's something everyone needs to put on his/her bucket list and see at least once.  My pup was furiously barking Saturday morning so I got up to see what was going on.  Two balloons were at rooftop level in the street in front of the house behind me.  I guess they landed there because I didn't see them take off.  The roar drives dogs nuts.  I used to see lots over my house but they built homes on the landing places.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624, how fun!

It's strange - I know they're powered by hot air, but when you see them, you *think* total silence. I guess not, though - at least all the time.

Honored Contributor

Re: BAY AREA Heatwave

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde  When they hit the burner to ascend or to maintain altitude, which is most of the time, they roar just like you'd imagine a dragon roaring.  Since warm air rises, the balloon goes up.

They have an evening activity where the  balloons are tethered and they hit the burners in sync to music.  VPH would go berserk because they look like huge, colorful lightbulbs.  She'd be selling them on QVC as soon as she could get them from China.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We woke up this morning to a cool breeze coming in the bedroom and what looked like fog (or was that haze?) coming in from the ocean side.

I sure hope it doesn't burn off, which can and does happen.

It's 10 am now and supposed to get up to almost 80 by this afternoon.