Respected Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@sueeich wrote:

Nasty viruses are everywhere with now.  Over the Christmas break, we had a nasty virus go through our whole family.  My chidren go to Catholic school so we tend to get extra long breaks around Christmas and Easter as compared to the public schools.  Anyway, our much anticpated Christmas holiday was horrible!  My husband ended up with bronchiitis, but I ended up with pneumonia!  I've never felt so sick in my entire life.  I've had a fever almost everyday for 2 weeks.  Today is the first day where I can truly say I'm staring to feel better.  But from what I understand, it can take many, many weeks to completely recover from pneumonia.  Just to put everything in perspective, my husband and I and our two children all had our flu shots in October and we live in Northern Florida.

Oh, no @sueeich

That's the worst imo, when the entire family is sick.  My one hint is, order Prime from Amazon.  We got sick once and went through all the paper products, in desperate need, Amazon came through.

I hope you get better soon, I know how bad that pneumonia feels.

Best to you all!

So ironic you said that!  I saw a good deal on paper towels on Amazon and ordered them about 1/2 hour ago.  Love Prime!

Me too! I order dog food and treats and I have them on a monthly subscription at an even cheaper price! No more logging that giant bag home and never run out!

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Melania  Smiley Happy

We had the stomach one around Thanksgiving.  Nasty, that one demands being able to run fast, shall we say...

Honored Contributor

My husband was taken to the ER this past week (for a fall) and it was so busy!  The staff said most people were there with flu symptoms, and the wait for them was 3 hours or longer.

We've both had shots, but I hope we didn't pick up any germs there.  I kept washing my hands and using the hand sanitizer.  

Honored Contributor

Re: BAY AREA FLU OUTBREAK

[ Edited ]

Eight people have died from the flu so far in King County, WA.  I think nearby Snohomish County has had five deaths.  😕

Honored Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@sueeich wrote:

Nasty viruses are everywhere with now.  Over the Christmas break, we had a nasty virus go through our whole family.  My chidren go to Catholic school so we tend to get extra long breaks around Christmas and Easter as compared to the public schools.  Anyway, our much anticpated Christmas holiday was horrible!  My husband ended up with bronchiitis, but I ended up with pneumonia!  I've never felt so sick in my entire life.  I've had a fever almost everyday for 2 weeks.  Today is the first day where I can truly say I'm staring to feel better.  But from what I understand, it can take many, many weeks to completely recover from pneumonia.  Just to put everything in perspective, my husband and I and our two children all had our flu shots in October and we live in Northern Florida.

Oh, no @sueeich

That's the worst imo, when the entire family is sick.  My one hint is, order Prime from Amazon.  We got sick once and went through all the paper products, in desperate need, Amazon came through.

I hope you get better soon, I know how bad that pneumonia feels.

Best to you all!

So ironic you said that!  I saw a good deal on paper towels on Amazon and ordered them about 1/2 hour ago.  Love Prime!

LOL!  @sueeich

I've become very knowledgeable about ordering necessary items.  Target will send anything they carry but they take the longest to deliver, like a week.

Amazon AND Walmart usually deliver in two days, faster if you pay for added shipping.

You might want to be sure you have enough TP and Puffs with lotion if you can't get out Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Eight people have died from the flu so far in King County, WA.  I think nearby Snohomish County has had five deaths.

Smiley Surprised

You've had the vaccine, right, @tansy ?  Wash hands a lot, but I know you know that Smiley Happy

This is spreading fast out here on the west coast, wow.

Honored Contributor

Re: BAY AREA FLU OUTBREAK

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Eight people have died from the flu so far in King County, WA.  I think nearby Snohomish County has had five deaths.

Smiley Surprised

You've had the vaccine, right, @tansy ?  Wash hands a lot, but I know you know that Smiley Happy

This is spreading fast out here on the west coast, wow.

Yes, I have been getting the vaccine for years now.  I wish everyone would, in part just to help keep other more vulnerable people healthy.

Esteemed Contributor

I just wish people would stay home when they are THAT sick. Some people drag themselves to the office and spread their germs around to the rest of us. It is very inconsiderate. I get the flu shot every year because the one year I missed the shot I got a very bad case of influenza. Very high fever, everything hurt, and it took eight months to get my asthma back under control. The flu is not just a cold. It is a very serious illness that kills thousands every year.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I just wish people would stay home when they are THAT sick. Some people drag themselves to the office and spread their germs around to the rest of us. It is very inconsiderate. I get the flu shot every year because the one year I missed the shot I got a very bad case of influenza. Very high fever, everything hurt, and it took eight months to get my asthma back under control. The flu is not just a cold. It is a very serious illness that kills thousands every year.

We stay home, that's for sure @Vivian

Unfortunately, not everyone can.  As stupid as it is, some employers insist their people come in, sick or not.  Idiots, right?  Then everyone gets sick.

Honored Contributor

Thank my lucky stars that we had a company/employer who insisted that we stay home when we were ill.  They didn't want us out in the field, spreading germs all around, shaking hands and/or touching products and/or paper work when we were ill.  Bravo!  Wishing all well; keep using those sanitizing wipes on supermarket shopping cart handles, etc. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).