Respected Contributor

Re: BATH AND BODYWORKS...GET READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The. candle sale is usually the 1st. Saturday in December so this day it would be 12/5 if they are having it. I wouldn't go. Last year I got to the store early and the line to get and then check out was out the door. Bath and Body Works has been very responsible about requiring masks and asking people to sanitize their hands before entering so I am guessing that they will have the same prices on line and maybe even for this sale. If you order on line and anything arrives damaged contact them and they will ship  out a replacement no questions asked. 

Trusted Contributor

I used to burn candles, but the soot ruined my walls.  I now use plug in outlet melts.  Super affordable, no flame, and they really smell great.  Just a flip of a switch to turn it on and off. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnie f wrote:

its buy 3 get 3 candle sale.. i just started my list online. online starts thurs.. your better off going to the store.. with tax and s&h.. its an extra 33,00!!!!!!! 

How is that possible? The flat rate shipping fee is $5.99 which is more than reasonable especially since I have 15 candles in my cart which will easily weigh more than 20 lbs! Unless you live in one of the 5 states that currently have no state tax you pay tax whether you go into the store or have your order shipped.

Of course we should all do what we're most comfortable doing but for 6 bucks I'd much rather have my order shipped to my door than go to the mall, wait in line, and carry 20 lbs of candles to my car.

Honored Contributor

Yes it's $5.99 flat rate shipping, they've always had that. Starting today online the three wicks are buy three get three free. While supplies last there is a $30 Christmas box that includes a three wick Tis The Season and a small Crushed Candy Cane. And body products. I usually don't buy their Christmas totes and boxes, but I thought this one was so good.

I ordered the three wicks and the Christmas box. Great deal for gifts and keeping some to gift to myself.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

just to compare, i put all the same things in my cart on the site, that i got in the store yest. on my receipt from the store my tax was 9 something.. on the site its 15.30 plius 5.99 s&h..  so if you have the time it is cheaper to go to the store.. on candle day i will go early and be one of the 1st in the store... hopefully.. lol dont know how the tax is 6 more dollars on the site???

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnie f wrote:

just to compare, i put all the same things in my cart on the site, that i got in the store yest. on my receipt from the store my tax was 9 something.. on the site its 15.30 plius 5.99 s&h..  so if you have the time it is cheaper to go to the store.. on candle day i will go early and be one of the 1st in the store... hopefully.. lol dont know how the tax is 6 more dollars on the site???

I don't know either...it doesn't make sense. My guess is you accidentally put in different items or the prices they charged online were different from what they charged in the store because your tax in the store and online should be the same.

I know that where I live tax is 10% and it will be 10% whether I go in person or order online. There is no extra tax charged for ordering online. I know that when I order for my daughter who lives in New Hampshire there will be no tax at all as NH has no state sales tax (I love that! lol). She also pays no tax when she goes in person.

So basically we're back to the difference being $5.99 (unless you live in Alaska or Hawaii). For many people that's more than worth it to avoid the risk of illness. I go out fairly often anyway so for me it's more about convenience. I remember the last time I had to lug those huge bags out to my car at the mall. I thought the inside of my elbows would never be the same. Smiley Very Happy

Again, though, if you like going to B&BW but all means more power to you. We all do what works best for us (hopefully). Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I didn’t any  see bubble bath

did they stop selling it

Honored Contributor

@springers wrote:

I didn’t any  see bubble bath

did they stop selling it

@springers 

3B737D38-696B-4294-8117-6A3ECB6F241C.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I think the $5.99 is very reasonable ,for shipping.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Only buy from them when they offer free shipping.