Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: BAD Valerie Parr Hill Wreath Delivery

@sann wrote:

These orders for wreaths were placed well in advance this should not be happening. 

@sann.  That has nothing to do with the shipping crisis TODAY.  Apparently you don't read a newspaper or listen to TV news.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kalli. Here's my latest Amazon head scratcher.  I got a large bag of dog food about 10 days ago.  Yesterday I got an email from them saying they were unable to deliver my dog food, it had been returned and they issued me a refund.  I have no idea what they're talking about but I definitely have a big bag of dog food in my pantry.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I guess someone messed up, eh? Maybe the delivery person didn't correctly log the delivery into the system?  Anyway, glad you got your dog food!

A few years ago I found 2 small UPS packages in the middle of the road near my home.  I looked at the address and dropped them off to the person whose name was on the Ship To label. She lives only a block from my place.  Tried to call the phone number for UPS to explain what happened and got a bunch of recordings, just gave up. She may have gotten a similar message since I'm sure the packages I gave her had no record of being delivered.  

Prob should've kept trying to get through to UPS so they'd know what happened but I have little patience with "press 1, press 2" etc.  Know what I mean? Smiley Wink  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sann wrote:

These orders for wreaths were placed well in advance this should not be happening. 

@sann.  That has nothing to do with the shipping crisis TODAY.  Apparently you don't read a newspaper or listen to TV news.

@sann - Especially since the wreaths aren't made in advance.  They wouldn't be much good, if they were, would they?

Esteemed Contributor

All forms of delivery have been a mess recently.   My personal favorite was a text I got at two a.m. from UPS stating "a package had suffered a sortation delay".  It was supposed to be deliverd by last Monday at the latest.  I got further notification that it has been rerouted and will get here on the 14th.  "Sortation delay" was a new term for me.  At this poing we have to roll with it and everybody should realize their gifts may be late.   If nothing else I look at these as furture "remember when we got our Christmas wreath in Feb" stories that people will laugh about.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure Valerie is aware of shipping problems as these wreaths are shipped directly from her company, not by QVC.  As I recall she had the exact same problem last year.  It's got to be either unavailability of transportation in the area of the manufacturer or a lack of labor, as many are experiencing, to make the wreaths.  This is certainly not something she would have wanted and is undoubtedly unavoidable.  She's had years of successful deliveries. 

Trusted Contributor

In my email from Boscovs today they stated in big bold letters that Christmas delivery is NOT guaranteed.  An honest statement at last.

Respected Contributor

Oh

@Venezia wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sann wrote:

@sann- Especially since the wreaths aren't made in advance.  They wouldn't be much good, if they were, would they?

I posted this December of 2020......Have a nice day........

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sann wrote:

I posted this December 2020......Have a nice day........