Respected Contributor

Re: BACK TO CHRISTMAS IN JULY

I enjoy watching some of the CIJ.  I love Christmas and the feelings and memories it brings.  I may or may not purchase anything at all from QVC as far as Christmas goes.  I did, however, pick up 3 gifts during "In the kitchen with David" a week or so back.

I gift shop casually throughout the year so as 1) I am not crazy in December and 2) my wallet does not blow up in December

I also enjoy fashion, handbags, cosmetics and such.  I do not care for gardening, electronics or mattress shows.

But everyone has their favs, so I do not judge either way.

Like others have said here, it must work for the Q if they do this every year!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'm seeing a pattern of two or three days in a row every few weeks devoted to Christmas in July and then on into August and in September it will be in full force.

I've purchased some great reading, taken several special order jewelry projects and will be spending a lot of time w/ now close by granddaughters. 

I can can understand a few gift shows here and there, but the decorative home items are endless. Don't things get saved from one year to the next?

@Shanus  Fashion and jewelry are endless, every day of the week all year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

Sorry your not happy, but how you feel right now is how many of us feel with the never ending fashion events for days on end every month, the continual day after day of handbags, beauty, fashion, shoes and jewelry. 

QVC now has three channels. I'm sure there will be plenty of programming on their other stations the next three days for those that don't want to enjoy the spirit of Christmas right now.

@Mominohio

Well said! Oh YES those never ending beauty products/beauty tools, and hair care itms (every weekend its Argan Oil and IT Cosmetics).They even monopolize the fashion shows (AM/PM STYLE)..I thought we'd get some relief when they started Beauty IQ....but NOPE!!!!   So at least CIJ is a bit different....Is some of the CIJ programing repetitive YES......(and I'd like to throw that Flashpad out the window).....but at least there are also some new products mixed in there too........Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies

LOL !!!    Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

The C I J shows help two groups more than any other .....   retirees and grandparents.    

Grandparents on fixed incomes (or tight budgets) can get a head start on Christmas presents on easy pay for all the grandkids, etc.   By the time everyone else is doing their Christmas shopping, they've got their selections almost paid for.    

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I'm seeing a pattern of two or three days in a row every few weeks devoted to Christmas in July and then on into August and in September it will be in full force.

I've purchased some great reading, taken several special order jewelry projects and will be spending a lot of time w/ now close by granddaughters. 

I can can understand a few gift shows here and there, but the decorative home items are endless. Don't things get saved from one year to the next?

@Shanus  Thank goodness for Christmas in July.  Now your granddaughters can finally spend time with grandma, who is otherwise glued to QVC 24/7, apparently.

They always get my full attention. DVR what I want & watch after their bedtime. No worries for you or @Tinkrbl44.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus    @TenderMercies

I wasn't worried.

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Years ago I quit watching for the most part because they would do theme days.  Luckily, there's an off button on my TV and I have lots of better things to do than watch bad programs.  I shop at Amazon and Hsn when I need something.  I get quick shipping and better prices.  I do miss what QVC was back in the day.  Unique gift items you couldn't get anywhere else, great CS, and fair prices.  

AFAIC personally, their theme days was one of their turning point decisions as to how they would program in future, and it's been a big NO for me from day one of them starting it.

Before theme days, there might be a 2 hr, maaaybe 3 hr time frame in a day/evening where I wouldn't think of watching (if I was home, had the TV on and wasn't doing anything else) because there were a couple of shows on back-to-back with mdse I didn't care about.  But, in another hour or so there would be something I was at least mildly interested in (not to mention more variety in mdse).

With the theme days and theme weekends, there are many days I don't even peek at all; nada of interest. JMO, but I think that gets people out of the habit, rut, whatever, of watching at all. You're used to something, you do it without thinking. You stop doing it, you find you don't really miss it all that much. Oops...

But I've never been their ideal demographic. I might have a single QVC box arrive at my house every 3 months or so. No juggling Easy Pays, no first-name basis with the UPS driver. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Shanus    @TenderMercies

I wasn't worried.

@Tinkrbl44   Somewhere along the way, did I do or say something that got under your skin? You've been snarky about all my posts no matter what forum. What's up?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

The C I J shows help two groups more than any other .....   retirees and grandparents.    

Grandparents on fixed incomes (or tight budgets) can get a head start on Christmas presents on easy pay for all the grandkids, etc.   By the time everyone else is doing their Christmas shopping, they've got their selections almost paid for.    

that is a generalization,  every grandparent uses ez pay?