Highlighted
Respected Contributor

B E S T. I D E A F R O M A. POSTER !!!

Electric fly swatter really works !  Thank you poster for the info.  No more swatting, missing, smearing stuff on windows and furniture, etc.  Find fly, cover with the “racket“, tap on trash can, done !

Bought it for $3.99 at Harbor Freight Tools and inserted my own 2 AA batteries.  Timely purchase...someone left a door open and a few unwelcome “visitors” arrived !!!!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

Re: B E S T. I D E A F R O M A. POSTER !!!

[ Edited ]

@jlkz wrote:

Electric fly swatter really works !  Thank you poster for the info.  No more swatting, missing, smearing stuff on windows and furniture, etc.  Find fly, cover with the “racket“, tap on trash can, done !

Bought it for $3.99 at Harbor Freight Tools and inserted my own 2 AA batteries.  Timely purchase...someone left a door open and a few unwelcome “visitors” arrived !!!

@jlkz 

The first few times you use it the loud ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAP and the flare is kind of shocky! And it can still be hard to nail those nasty little buggers, especially on a flat surface due to the frame around the zappy part. And it does look like a tennis racquet. Sometimes I think a folded piece of newspaper is easier.

Respected Contributor

I'm not familiar with this but am definitely interested. My prob isn't so much with flies but gnats and other little flying insects.  Would it work for that too?

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I'm not familiar with this but am definitely interested. My prob isn't so much with flies but gnats and other little flying insects.  Would it work for that too?

@KKJ 

It might be hard to nail a gnat because they're so small and the part that zaps them has a lot of openings. I don't know what kind Jlkz has, hers might be different than mine. With mine you have to press a little button as you nail the bug otherwise it won't fry them. Mine is called Superhigh Voltage Bug Zapper. You can probably find pictures of them by googling and decide.

Trusted Contributor

I had a bug zapper years ago, & when it broke, I couldn't find another! Glad you posted!

Esteemed Contributor

Don't use it on stink bugs though......LOL