Honored Contributor

Awwwwwwwwwwwww! :)

[ Edited ]

You've got a friend in me! Adorable moment a Bloodhound strokes a four-week-old rescue kitten taking a bath in the kitchen sink

This is the heartwarming moment a dog comforted a rescue kitten taking a bath by affectionately stroking his head with her paw. 

Veterinary technician Stephanie Vice, 36, said her five-year-old Bloodhound Ruby Jane has been extremely affectionate towards the 107 rescue kittens that she and her husband Matthew, 47, have fostered in the last five years at their house in Lakeland, Florida.

Stephanie captured the adorable moment Ruby Jane comforted four-week-old kitten, Bodie, a newly-rescued American Wirehair, by gently patting him on the head as he was taking a bath in the kitchen sink.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-2021132/Video-Cute-moment-bloodhound-uses-paw-gently-st...

Five-year-old Bloodhound Ruby Jane peers over the kitchen sink at four-week-old rescue kitten Bodie who is taking a bath at his new home in Lakeland, Florida

In a heartwarming moment Ruby Jane puts an affectionate paw on the head of the tiny kitten

Ruby Jane stands on her hind legs and peers over the sink where the American Wirehair cat is perched in a plastic tub filled with water. 

As Ruby Jane strokes the kitten Stephanie says: 'Is that your baby Jane? Is that your baby - are you trying to pat her? 

'Say its okay little cat its just a bath, its okay.' 

The American Wirehair kitten appears more settled now her big sister Ruby Jane gives her a helping paw
RubyJane peers over the sink to sniff the cat and stands on her hind legs to catch a better look

The heart-warming video was posted by Stephanie on social media, and immediately went viral by reaching over eight million views.

Stephanie said: 'Ruby Jane is a very playful dog and is very good with all of the foster kittens.

'In particular, she has become very fond of Bodie since we brought him home.'

Stephanie said she brought Bodie and his two siblings home from a local SPCA to foster them until they are ready to be put up for adoption.

Stephanie said: 'These three kittens make 107 rescue animals that I have fostered in the last five years.

'Ruby Jane is also a rescue, she was brought to me by a friend as I was mourning the loss of my previous Bloodhound.' 

The unlikely friends sniff each other affectionately

Esteemed Contributor

Adorable! I almost got a Bloodhound once. We visited two breeders and decided on another Basset Hound. They would bring home bunnies unharmed😍

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Awwwwwwwwwwwww! :)

[ Edited ]

So precious. Ruby Jane is a canine and feline Mama.

Beautiful photos @feline groovy Heart

Esteemed Contributor

The dog is so gentle with the kitten.  So sweet. 

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy  Such a feel good moment.How adorable is right.Thank you so much for posting this and for all that you do for animals.

Honored Contributor

Prescious sentient beings....proving once again that feelings are not limited to humans.  This is so beautiful....thanks @feline groovy for this inspirational share.

Esteemed Contributor

These feel good photos are TOO PRECIOUS! They gave me the warm fuzzies😊.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

😭-so so sweet!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

That is amazing! ❤️

Respected Contributor
Great photos. Animals are my best friends!