Valued Contributor

Aww - love today's Google doodle!

Anne of Green Gables, anyone?

Some of my favorite books as a kid!

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

Re: Aww - love today's Google doodle!

LOL I had to click on it to figure out what it was. I was wondering why her face turned green when eating the cake. I kept waiting for her to throw up lol, 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

My favorite book of the series is " Anne of Windy Poplars, " I take it out every few years and reread it. It's like visiting old friends.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Very cute.   Each time you return to google you see a different picture.

Respected Contributor

Beautifully written childrens' books--which I never read as a kid but enjoy rereading now and again.  I knew instantly from the Doodle it must be an LMM anniversary.  A wonderful story, with great characters.  The great TV series (1980s) made me turn to the novels.  I read on HuffPo recently that the actor who played Gilbert Blythe had died--he did a great job, as did the rest of the cast.

Respected Contributor

I haven't yet read A of GG.  As a child, I loved Little Women & read it many times.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for sharing!! I LOVED A of GG as a kid, watched the movie a million times. And the music!!! That doodle made my day. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I loved the Google Doodle. Everytime I went to Google, it was different. So cute.