Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Autumn is not in the air, it's July.  The dog days of summer.  The "real feel" foreceast here today is 100.  It's going to be boiling hot all week.  There are two more months until the official first day of fall and even then it will stay hot well into the beginning of October.  I too love fall, especially because I have a vacation booked in October. But I don't feel any fall in the air I won't until the end of September.

@Grouchomarx  and @Spurt   High temps does not mean there aren't signs of fall; it's in the 90s where I live and we still have signs of fall.  As someone above mentioned, the days are getting shorter and the light and shadows are changing, because the earth is turning. It doesn't have to do with what the thermometer says, but what time of year it is and there are early signs of fall around.

Honored Contributor

We've had geese everywhere from spring.  I cannot tell you how many times I've had to stop on a main highway waiting for geese to cross.  Or wait for them to get out of my parking space at work.  

There is no sign of fall here.  And that is fine with me.  Summer just started a little over a month ago.  LOL 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Autumn is not in the air, it's July.  The dog days of summer.  The "real feel" foreceast here today is 100.  It's going to be boiling hot all week.  There are two more months until the official first day of fall and even then it will stay hot well into the beginning of October.  I too love fall, especially because I have a vacation booked in October. But I don't feel any fall in the air I won't until the end of September.

@Grouchomarx  and @Spurt   High temps does not mean there aren't signs of fall; it's in the 90s where I live and we still have signs of fall.  As someone above mentioned, the days are getting shorter and the light and shadows are changing, because the earth is turning. It doesn't have to do with what the thermometer says, but what time of year it is and there are early signs of fall around.

@Pearlee 

Fall decor at Hobby Lobby.....

Here in Texas the daylight wont start getting shorter by an hour until August 23rd......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   When the fall decor comes out means nothing to me, because each year it seems to get earlier and earlier.  One dept. store here puts Halloween stuff out in mid-July, and by mid-August most of the other stores have it out too (our grocery stores have Halloween candy out).  So to me, I don't consider that a "sign of fall."  That's a sign of "we want you to buy and eat Halloween candy now so you have to buy more later for trick or treaters."   I don't count the decor either - that's just stores trying to sell more earlier, for a longer period of time.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Spurt   When the fall decor comes out means nothing to me, because each year it seems to get earlier and earlier.  One dept. store here puts Halloween stuff out in mid-July, and by mid-August most of the other stores have it out too (our grocery stores have Halloween candy out).  So to me, I don't consider that a "sign of fall."  That's a sign of "we want you to buy and eat Halloween candy now so you have to buy more later for trick or treaters."   I don't count the decor either - that's just stores trying to sell more earlier, for a longer period of time.

@Pearlee 

See the source image

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Kids here start school tomorrow morning. There's an NFL game on tomorrow night. To me these things mean fall is coming.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Kids here start school tomorrow morning. There's an NFL game on tomorrow night. To me these things mean fall is coming.

@SilleeMee.  Wow that’s early. Is it always this date? Ours start first week of September.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee.  Wow that’s early. Is it always this date? Ours start first week of September.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Yes, that one district starts the first week in August and most of the others will start mid-month.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   I live in GA and the kids in the northern part of GA start tomorrow. Most all of the kids will be in school by next Monday. They get out around mid May. I don;t see any hint of fall where I live but one can dream. 

Respected Contributor

Not in Santa Fe.   85 here today.   I want more summer.  Not hotter summer just more warm days before it gets cold again.