Honored Contributor

I am on the southern tip of WV, and started seeing the first tell tale signs of dry leaves last week that signal fall is coming.  This starts every year the last week of July in a certain bush in the woods behind my house.     My husband made the comment today about the leaves on our big poplar tree drying and falling already.   

I have always shared the fact WV summers are short.   By the time school starts here on August 10th, we will see more dried leaves, cool temps and early morning fog.   We will see light frost in early September, weeks before the calendar officially says Fall is here.   

I do not complain about the heat of summer, because we have so little of it.   

Trusted Contributor

I  live in Utah.

Honored Contributor

I live in the woods and every living thing is out and about enjoying the summer. The only sign of an early Fall I have seen is leaves falling off the wild cherry trees, but I think they do lose their leaves early.

Respected Contributor

No sign of Autumn in my neck of the woods.  Our big cool down was going from 97d down to 89d.  Summer here began in early May and hasn't really let up since. 

Our winters here are more like fall in the area I used to live.  Snow is never a problem and we have so many pines here I don't see any changes in the leaves.  I do njoy fall the most out of all the seasons.  Just have to get thru August and then the weather will take a turn, for the better I hope.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor
It was 97 today with high humidity. Even walking from the parking lot handicapped space which is close to the church doors was draining. Autumn can’t get here soon enough for me. I am ready to go pumpkin picking!
Honored Contributor
The cicadas are so loud right now they freak out my cat when she goes out on the patio! Horse flies, gnats, mosquitos...we have them all...hurry up, autumn!
Honored Contributor

I love fall but I'd like to enjoy summer first.  I'm not in a hurry for fall.

Esteemed Contributor

And people complain about businesses "rushing" Christmas!

Don't rush the seasons.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

This horrible heat and humidity has been suffocating, uncomfortable and  energy draining.  I do not like to rush the days and seasons but this heat hinders me from being out and about as I love to be.  I am also sick of the air conditioner.  

I know September is still warm so it isn't like as soon as August ends, the weather changes.  Let's say I look forward to Autumn but I will try my best to deal with this heat.

Honored Contributor

Did find myself thinking about how much I like Thanksgiving time.  Cool and crisp, wearing sweaters.  I don't want to hurry back to big bulky coats and boots, but the season is the reason not the weather so much.  But out on the deck yesterday, one lonely Dove was cooing away and I love that sound.  So nice then.