Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🚗 Auto Insurance Co *REFUNDS* 👍🏾

@KCDiva wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I heard on the news last night that refunds will average $50.  Don't spend it all in one place.

$50? I’ll take it however i’m Pretty sure State Farm won’t offer it. 

@KCDiva I have State Farm too, hope they step up.  I'd be happy with any amount or a discount.  Every little bit helps.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@crackster wrote:

Our car is  five years and eight months old, and we don't have 10,000 miles on it. Don't think we have ever been given credit for low mileage.

---------------

My car is 13  year old and only has 60,000 miles on it!!  Would love to get some credit for low mileage!!!  Once I retired, I really don't have a reason to drive much any more.

Wonder how the refund money will get to recipients...lower monthly car insurance bill or actual money check???

@corita 

@crackster 

contact your insurance agent.

often there are thresholds for people who drive their cars under 5k or 10K a year.

make sure you are getting that discount applied. you should be able to see that line on your policy.

we have multiple discounts......student discounts, low mileage discounts, multiple car discounts, multiple policy discounts, safe driver discounts, and more.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I haven't heard anything from MetLife Man Sad

Esteemed Contributor

it's the right thing to do and all auto insurers should be giving some kind of rebate to their customers. I already have pleasure use on my car. I texted DS to call his ( same as my) insurance co. He has a long commute and has been home for a month and will likely remain at home for at least another month. He is a teacher, so we could be talking nearly half a year total if return to school does not happen this term.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I heard on the news last night that refunds will average $50.  Don't spend it all in one place.

It's better than nothing!

Honored Contributor

What I think, may not mean nothing to the idle rich, but, it will pay for my trash collection bill and my Tivo.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AKgirl2 wrote:

I hope Geico steps up!  Haven't heard anything..yet!!  

@AKgirl2  I had an email from Geico this morning; they will be offering a 15 percent credit when the policy is renewed.  It said the average would be $150 for autos and $30 for motorcycles.  Here's the blurb:

The GEICO Givebackwhich provides a 15 percent credit to all auto and motorcycle customers as policies come up for renewal, between April 8, 2020 and October 7, 2020. This credit will also apply to any new policies purchased during this period as part of our commitment to protecting the wellbeing of our customers.

Honored Contributor

is this something that they will make permanent or is it just due to the virus?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@crackster wrote:

Our car is  five years and eight months old, and we don't have 10,000 miles on it. Don't think we have ever been given credit for low mileage.

---------------

My car is 13  year old and only has 60,000 miles on it!!  Would love to get some credit for low mileage!!!  Once I retired, I really don't have a reason to drive much any more.

Wonder how the refund money will get to recipients...lower monthly car insurance bill or actual money check???

My car is a 2003, I don't think I even have 25,000 miles on it!

Honored Contributor

My DH and I already get a discount through State Farm because both of us work so close to home so we have low mileage on our vehicles.  My car is a 2011 and has a little over 58,000 miles on it.  I average under 6,500 miles a year.