Contributor

QDO:  I just had to log in just to say congratulations to you.  I wish this were not buried in the forums because I firmly believe everyone would want to congratulate you on your great news.  I hope your granddaughter continues to communicate.  Bless your family for your patience and her teachers for the work they are doing with her.  I wish you all the very best.  As I said, I really wish this were the first post.  It surely counters a lot of the negativity you see here.  

Honored Contributor

@QDO wrote:

autism can speak!   My 13 year old non verbal autistic grand daughter  started speaking last Thursday in school! Her teachers called her mom ,crying tears of joy and dis belief to say Mary started speaking! The gave the phone to Mary and said to my daughter joyfully,Hi MOMMY! It's a miracle to me! Never give up hope!

I am so very happy for your entire family!! Such a beautiful thing to read here today. Heart

Occasional Contributor

Thankyou so much for your kind words. Autism is so rampant ,I wanted to share there is hope for all. We cannot count these children or adults out. We must solve the puzzle!💞

Honored Contributor

Trinity11 wrote:

QDO wrote:

autism can speak!   My 13 year old non verbal autistic grand daughter  started speaking last Thursday in school! Her teachers called her mom ,crying tears of joy and dis belief to say Mary started speaking! The gave the phone to Mary and said to my daughter joyfully,Hi MOMMY! It's a miracle to me! Never give up hope!

I am so very happy for your entire family!! Such a beautiful thing to read here today. Heart

Amen!   Thanks, so much, for sharing your joy with us, @QDO!Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@hyacinth003

I hope your daughter is doing well, and I hope all is going well for you.

My poor daughter is not doing so well.  She still has pain and weakness in her legs.  She is getting worse.  No one can figure out what is wrong, but they are fine leaving her in pain.  Government pressure on doctors is making them PARANOID about giving pain medicine, despite multiple failures in medication.  As a mother, it is breaking my heart when she says "Mom, I hurt so much."

She will probably have to leave her job.  It has been frustrating getting care for her due to her being on Medicaid.  Few doctors want to take it.  Still trying to get an answer for her.  My latest challenge is an orthopedic consult.  We have lots of them around here, but they won't take her insurance.  I have to try to talk someone into requesting approval to see her.  May circle back to the rheumatologist.

Thank you for asking!  Aren't you glad you did (lol)?

Hyacinth   Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@QDO wrote:

Yes! Mary has been speaking every day! Her teachers are planing a program for her ! It's all new!

@QDO I don't have children nor has anyone in my extended family been affected by autism but I have read and watched countless articles and documentaries trying to understand what this is all about.  I have tears streaming down my face knowing your Mary is now verbal and God bless her family and teachers for creating a program for her so she will progress even further.

I couldn't be happier for you @QDO God bless and enjoy this new and exciting chapter in your lives!

Frequent Contributor

@QDO wrote:

❤️

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@hyacinth003

I hope your daughter is doing well, and I hope all is going well for you.

My poor daughter is not doing so well.  She still has pain and weakness in her legs.  She is getting worse.  No one can figure out what is wrong, but they are fine leaving her in pain.  Government pressure on doctors is making them PARANOID about giving pain medicine, despite multiple failures in medication.  As a mother, it is breaking my heart when she says "Mom, I hurt so much."

She will probably have to leave her job.  It has been frustrating getting care for her due to her being on Medicaid.  Few doctors want to take it.  Still trying to get an answer for her.  My latest challenge is an orthopedic consult.  We have lots of them around here, but they won't take her insurance.  I have to try to talk someone into requesting approval to see her.  May circle back to the rheumatologist.

Thank you for asking!  Aren't you glad you did (lol)?

Hyacinth   Cat LOL

Just a thought in the dark.....   does your daughter take statin drugs?  I don't know her age, etc, just that I had an allergic reaction to statin drugs, intense muscle pain in my legs, ache, intense weakness, sometimes shocking electrical-type pain that would make me jump.  

No one ever thought about a drug I was taking might be causing this and I went to 2 doctors trying to find an answer.  My life went downhill as far as walking, pain, weakness and it slowly kept getting worse.  We never would have known had a friend of mine had not brought it up out of the blue.

I was on the drug for 18 months.  2 doctors poo-poo'd me when I brought it up.  I decided (after researching the drugs I was given) that I would slowly wean myself off the drug!  It's taken years, but I have regained about 90% of my muscle strength.  The doctor still wants me back on them but .... No.   I think they would have killed me eventually (the heart is a muscle as well!).....

Please forgive me if I'm way off base.... and I wish your daughter (and you) health and feeling good again!  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

❤️ @QDO and Mary