Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,346
Registered: ‎03-15-2014

Re: Australian Bride-To-Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime


@WenGirl42 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

We have more-than-enough gun violence in this country but it's particularly sad when an innocent and beautiful bride-to-be is a victim


I don't see it that way.  It isn't sadder to me because she was pretty or because she had imminent plans to marry.  Any innocent life lost is a tragedy.  If this story turns out to be yet another innocent life lost, then I will find it sad, but not sadder than if it happened to child, an adult man just after a divorce, an unattractive widow, etc.


 

 

@WenGirl42   I was just kidding.  there are far too many gun deaths in the United States.  They're all tragic.  I wish the others - of not so beautiful people - would get equal billing in the news.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,124
Registered: ‎07-05-2012

Re: Australian Bride-To-Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime


@ValuSkr wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

We have more-than-enough gun violence in this country but it's particularly sad when an innocent and beautiful bride-to-be is a victim


I don't see it that way.  It isn't sadder to me because she was pretty or because she had imminent plans to marry.  Any innocent life lost is a tragedy.  If this story turns out to be yet another innocent life lost, then I will find it sad, but not sadder than if it happened to child, an adult man just after a divorce, an unattractive widow, etc.


 

 

@WenGirl42   I was just kidding.  there are far too many gun deaths in the United States.  They're all tragic.  I wish the others - of not so beautiful people - would get equal billing in the news.


@ValuSkr I'm sorry, I didn't get that at all.  I agree with you 100%!

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,661
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Australian Bride-To-Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime

Have they determined yet if there were any street cameras that caught the incident?

Valued Contributor
Posts: 791
Registered: ‎12-30-2010

Re: Australian Bride-To-Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime


@KittyLouWhoToo wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@KittyLouWhoToo wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I tend to wait for more information in cases like this. Has law enforcement given any information as to why they shot her? I did read they were put on leave until further investigation.

 

Did their gun go off by mistake. I simply cannot understand the why of shooting her without a lot more details than those given.


 

 

IMO there are way too many shootings of innocent people and dogs.

 

Some shootings are by rookies, which indicates to me their training is not adequate OR the departments are accepting recruits who are unsuited for the job.


I heard a news report maybe a couple months ago about that very topic, recruits who are just not suited and/or ready for the job.


 

The Army gets them, too @KittyLouWhoToo  Known gang members were joining awhile back.


I recall a news story about the army being unable to find enough recruits who were even fit enough to enter basic training.  Anohter problem with our increasingly sedentary population (another topiic, I know).


well when you have to keep lowering the standards in every profession .....

Valued Contributor
Posts: 791
Registered: ‎12-30-2010

Re: Australian Bride-To-Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime


@chrystaltree wrote:

Not exactly a surprise or at least it shouldn't be.  Police have been doing this type of thing to black men and boys forever and juries refuse to convict them.  Just a day or so ago, there was story about them aprehending a 12 year little black girl.  The suspect was a 30 year old black male with facial hair but somehow, they terrorized a little girl.  It doesn't matter whether the bodycams were on in this case or not since the police themselves decide whether or not they will release the film...and they usually do not unless it absolves the officer.  I agree, it a tragedy but only the latest in a long line.


So i guess they got bored with that and decided on a white chck this time?

why bring race into this???

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,592
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Australian Bride-To-Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime

I saw this on nbc nightly news, what i don't understand is she called police, and was outside in the alley.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,215
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

Re: Australian Bride-To-Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime


@Trinity11 wrote:

I tend to wait for more information in cases like this. Has law enforcement given any information as to why they shot her? I did read they were put on leave until further investigation.

 

Did their gun go off by mistake. I simply cannot understand the why of shooting her without a lot more details than those given.


@Trinity11  I agree.  From what I have read the shot went through the door on the side of the driver and she was shot by the cop who was a passenger.

 

It sounds as thought this gun went off accidently; there is nothing to indicate that she was shot deliberately.

 

A very sad situation.  I saw the news with her fiance speaking; heartbreaking.

""But tell me where do the children play"-Cat Stevens
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,454
Registered: ‎01-13-2013

Re: Australian Bride-To-Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime


@goldensrbest wrote:

I saw this on nbc nightly news, what i don't understand is she called police, and was outside in the alley.


  I wondered the same thing.

  You call the police because you think you hear an "active sexual assault" going on --- and yet, you go outside in your pajamas?

  I understand the officer has offered his condolences but asked people to "respect his privacy."

  This story is bizarre, and it's starting to be very fishy.

 

  Why are her family members all running to the media to be interviewed? They act strange.

 

  I am suspicious of this entire incident.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,111
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Australian Bride-To-Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime


@tansy wrote:

There needs to be swift and severe consequences for not turning on body cameras.  


@tansy ... I totally agree. The camera should be on from the minute they sign on to the shift until the shift is over. That way, there is no "I forgot." It would also help ensure that officers' conduct is appropriate at all times.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,080
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Australian Bride-To-Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime


@goldensrbest wrote:

I saw this on nbc nightly news, what i don't understand is she called police, and was outside in the alley.


It makes sense to me if she came out to talk to the police when they arrived.  It's not a prudent thing to do but I don't think it's odd or fishy that she went out to talk to the police when they arrived. Esp. if the noise in the alley that she'd called about originally had stopped by the time she went out.