Esteemed Contributor

Re: Australian Bride To Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime

@Noel7 wrote:

I was surprised it was ruled a homicide so quickly.

That IS odd. How would the MD know or determine is wasn't accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

Why?  When one person kills another it's homicide.  The question then becomes if the person who killed her is guilty of murder, manslaughter, etc. or not.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

That IS odd. How would the MD know or determine is wasn't accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm?

It's not odd at all.  Homicide simply is one person killing another.  The question of guilt or innocence comes later.

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

I wondered this too, and if "homicide" is the only way the coroner could have classified this, irrespective of the ongoing investigation to determine fault.  I got far enough into the MN statutes to see that it is a matter of public record whether a death is determined to be accident, suicide, homicide, or was of undetermined cause...but I don't know how they would distinguish between homocide/accident in a case like this from autopsy alone.

Respected Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Why?  When one person kills another it's homicide.  The question then becomes if the person who killed her is guilty of murder, manslaughter, etc. or not.

I was thinking this too.

Respected Contributor

To begin with, not all homicides are crimes. Homicides include all killings of humans. Many homicides, such as murder and manslaughter, violate criminal laws. Others, such as a killing committed in justified self-defense, are not criminal. Illegal killings range from manslaughter to murder, with multiple degrees of each representing the gravity of the crime.

www.findlaw.com

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

It's not odd at all.  Homicide simply is one person killing another.  The question of guilt or innocence comes later.

So, we wait to see what policeman is charged with, i hope they do not make this just a accident.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Re: Australian Bride-To-Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime

I read this story today and feel so bad about it. The fiance was totally broken. My question and the Mayor of Minneapolis question is "why the police body camera's were not on" 

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

So, we wait to see what policeman is charged with, i hope they do not make this just a accident.

I hope the outcome matches the facts.  

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow

I agree with you.  Unless the guy is very disturbed and admitted he killed her on purpose, which I doubt happned.