Honored Contributor

Re: Australian Bride-To-Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime

I can't figure out the bullet projection.

The bullet penetrated the car door, but hit her abdomen.

Is she really short?

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Is she really short?

I imagine if she was talking to them, she was leaning down into the window.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Is that why she was in the alley? If so that makes sense if she went out after the police got there ,not before i just had not heard.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

I figured it went out through the window. If the driver was speaking to her the window would have been open. Don't see any way to shoot through the body of the door from the passenger seat and not injure the driver. As for being outside, sounds like my town. If the police respond to a call, the whole dang neighborhood and more come to watch--scannerville.
Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Is she really short?

depends if it was a police car or an SUV. An suv door would be at my stomach

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 @Trinity11   Your reasonable and rational posts bring a needed breath of fresh air to this thread.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Is that why she was in the alley? If so that makes sense if she went out after the police got there ,not before i just had not heard.

@goldensrbest  Clearly nobody can answer that question since she is no longer alive to ask.

Respected Contributor

@Yardlie wrote:

@tansy wrote:

There needs to be swift and severe consequences for not turning on body cameras.  

@tansy ... I totally agree. The camera should be on from the minute they sign on to the shift until the shift is over. That way, there is no "I forgot." It would also help ensure that officers' conduct is appropriate at all times.

"Per police department policy, body cameras are supposed to be turned on prior to use of force "as soon as it is safe to do so" or during "any contact involving criminal activity."

Source:  http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/us/minneapolis-woman-shooting-what-we-know/index.html

As both were still sitting inside the car, I feel it safe to surmise neither officer thought he was yet in "prior use of force" or in "contact involving criminal activity."

You can mark me as one of those who appreciates the work done by our police force.  They are human beings, not perfect beings, asked to work in the worst of environments with the dregs of society, while being judged by everyone who wasn't there. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Yardlie wrote:

@tansy wrote:

There needs to be swift and severe consequences for not turning on body cameras.  

@tansy ... I totally agree. The camera should be on from the minute they sign on to the shift until the shift is over. That way, there is no "I forgot." It would also help ensure that officers' conduct is appropriate at all times.

"Per police department policy, body cameras are supposed to be turned on prior to use of force "as soon as it is safe to do so" or during "any contact involving criminal activity."

Source:  http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/us/minneapolis-woman-shooting-what-we-know/index.html

As both were still sitting inside the car, I feel it safe to surmise neither officer thought he was yet in "prior use of force" or in "contact involving criminal activity."

You can mark me as one of those who appreciates the work done by our police force.  They are human beings, not perfect beings, asked to work in the worst of environments with the dregs of society, while being judged by everyone who wasn't there. 

@IamMrsG  And just because anyone is critical of the police in this situation doesn't mean they are not appreciative of the work done by police forces.   It's not a one-or-the-other kind of thing.

Esteemed Contributor

Now there are reports that the officer in the driver's seat was "stunned" by the other officer shooting.