Respected Contributor

Re: Australian Bride To Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime

@Noel7 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Noel7  Why does the title say "to be shot" as if it didn't yet happen?  Wanna fix that? (if you edit your first post you can edit the title)

OK, hyphenated for clarity @Pearlee  Thanks.

I think we all understood the title the first time @Noel7.  Your response and adding the hyphen was extremely gracious ♡

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 Oh thanks!  even though I'd read the story earlier online, I hadn't even read your first title with that meaning!   D'uh!  Need more coffee.... Good that you fixed it though!

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Noel7  Why does the title say "to be shot" as if it didn't yet happen?  Wanna fix that? (if you edit your first post you can edit the title)

OK, hyphenated for clarity @Pearlee  Thanks.

I think we all understood the title the first time @Noel7.  Your response and adding the hyphen was extremely gracious ♡

Thank you @Ms tyrion2  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Noel7 Oh thanks!  even though I'd read the story earlier online, I hadn't even read your first title with that meaning!   D'uh!  Need more coffee.... Good that you fixed it though!

@Pearlee

I'm not at my best, either, and I do like to be as clear as I can, but I am fighting a lupus flare.  Who knows what I'll type, lol.

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@game-on wrote:

@Noel7....I read this earlier and thought "what"?  I know we have some unbelievable shootings here in our country.... I guess we are not the only place, huh?

@game-on This happened in Minneapolis, MN.

Of course the U.S. isn't the only place terrible shootings happen.  In many countries innocents get shot and killed and their loved ones have absolutely no recourse.

Honored Contributor

Re: Australian Bride-To-Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I tend to wait for more information in cases like this. Has law enforcement given any information as to why they shot her? I did read they were put on leave until further investigation.

Did their gun go off by mistake. I simply cannot understand the why of shooting her without a lot more details than those given.

IMO there are way too many shootings of innocent people and dogs.

Some shootings are by rookies, which indicates to me their training is not adequate OR the departments are accepting recruits who are unsuited for the job.

Maybe because I have a good friend whose husband is in law enforcement and how he has told me how maligned they are, I try and reserve judgment before I draw a conclusion regarding cases with only a small bit of information. There are good cops and bad cops just like in any profession.

On the surface, this makes absolutely no sense but there simply is not enough information yet to form an opinion.

Honored Contributor

Re: Australian Bride-To-Be Shot While Reporting Possible Crime

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I tend to wait for more information in cases like this. Has law enforcement given any information as to why they shot her? I did read they were put on leave until further investigation.

Did their gun go off by mistake. I simply cannot understand the why of shooting her without a lot more details than those given.

IMO there are way too many shootings of innocent people and dogs.

Some shootings are by rookies, which indicates to me their training is not adequate OR the departments are accepting recruits who are unsuited for the job.

I heard a news report maybe a couple months ago about that very topic, recruits who are just not suited and/or ready for the job.

Esteemed Contributor

I read about this yesterday. The article I read said this lady was active on social media and often criticized police, or something like that....anyway I read it on the Daily Mail....

It sounds absolutely horrific that a person was shot for no reason.

However, I will wait for more details.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7

426C5CF400000578-4703892-image-a-13_1500307716397.jpg

The officer who shot her.

He is the first Somali-American officer to work in Minneapolis' 5th precinct, reported KSTP. The officer has been suspended while an investigation into the shooting continues.