Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Aurora borealis may be visible in other parts of the US tonight

I wish New Mexico was further North.  I'd love to see it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in the northeast - I keep checking outside but nothing so far!  Not sure what time I'm supposed to be looking, but getting tired already.  I would love to see them tho .... if I only knew when to look and if they will appear in my sky.....

Has anyone gone to iceland to see the lights there?

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

I'm in the northeast - I keep checking outside but nothing so far!  Not sure what time I'm supposed to be looking, but getting tired already.  I would love to see them tho .... if I only knew when to look and if they will appear in my sky.....

Has anyone gone to iceland to see the lights there?

@moonandthestars  I have tried locating the time information and just found out it's between 9:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m. I have not been to Iceland though it looks stunning. My husband saw the lights in Canada on a trip when he was growing up. I've never seen them but would love to. I've been up to Canada and Alaska though.

Respected Contributor

I saw them once in Northern Wi. The newscasters in Duluth mention when they may be expected but usually so late and it ends up being cloudy at night.

Super Contributor

Did anyone get to see?

I had the opportunity to go to Iceland this October but after reading the weather can be as low as -35 windchill, I quickly backed out.  Cold weather is not my idea of fun.

Respected Contributor

Once many years  ago i saw the Northern Lights.  we lived in NH at the time. 

We've had cloudy skies all summer, and even though we live in the country we don't see super dark nights. i want to see the Perseids, when they peaked we had a full moon, and there's too much ambient light from shopping centers and stores. One time about 20 yrs ago i got up to see the Perseids . 2:00 AM on a January nite.  it was a new moon and clear skies...magical