Respected Contributor

Re: Aunt Helen & Uncle Joe *RIP*

my sympathies to you and your family.........my aunt and uncle died within 24 hours of each other also........my uncle had cancer but my aunt, we thought she was fine, the whole family thought she was fine.........my Uncle was home under hospice care and we knew uncle Abe only had a short time, but it was Aunt Catherine that didn't wake up one morning.........no one told uncle Abe.......they told him when he asked about her, (they had never spent a single day apart, since they had married at 16 years old), she was out shopping, she was taking a nap, she was taking a shower, a million excuses why she hadn't been in his room.......but I think he sensed what had happened, the next morning he didn't wake up..........they were in their 70's when this happened.........cancer took Uncle Abe and we think sorrow over the thought of being separated from her husband is what took Aunt Catherine....so she left before him to make sure everything was just right when he joined her.............................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

You have truly given me a blessing today in reading this wonderful Love Story. God Bless you and your family. What a joy in your own life to have known and loved this dear couple.

Thank you for sharing with us all today.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

What a beautiful love story. ""Call me home"" and she did just that with God's blessing.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

This reminds me of my mother and father and the love and devotion they shared with each other, my sister and me and everyone they touched.

Call me home is a beautiful story and how lucky you were to have been able to share in that story.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Thank you for sharing this inspirational love story, RickyRocky. Call me home. Made me cry, too.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sharing, beautiful and inspiring.

Super Contributor

It's a lovely love story, but I can't imagine exploiting it all over. Their lives were private as was their death. Why sensationalize it? What does it gain you? People who knew them knew of their love. They aren't here to approve of this. It's a shame what people do with things that aren't theirs to do.

Don't even try to attack me for my viewpoint. I have a right to my opinion.If this was my and my husband's story, I would not be happy with younger family putting it everywhere with pictures no less for the world to see. My life with my spouse would have been special between us. The entire story would not be open for the world to know. It's personal how we loved and died.

Whatever the person posted this thinks to gain is not worth exposing our story. It's OUR story and we did not give approval for it to be in the papers or anywhere else.

I think it is so unfair and unjust when others assume they can say and do what they want with information about other people. No one respects privacy anymore. Everyone wants to get some attention and "tell" something.

People can't hold anything precious in their hearts, nothing is sacred anymore.

Respected Contributor

Ironic. Death did them part, but only for a few hours. Profound, sad, happy, spiritual and a whole bunch of other words to describe this that I can't think of right now. Sorry for your loss, RickyRocky.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Contributor

On 10/24/2014 Remee said:

It's a lovely love story, but I can't imagine exploiting it all over. Their lives were private as was their death. Why sensationalize it? What does it gain you? People who knew them knew of their love. They aren't here to approve of this. It's a shame what people do with things that aren't theirs to do.

Don't even try to attack me for my viewpoint. I have a right to my opinion.If this was my and my husband's story, I would not be happy with younger family putting it everywhere with pictures no less for the world to see. My life with my spouse would have been special between us. The entire story would not be open for the world to know. It's personal how we loved and died.

Whatever the person posted this thinks to gain is not worth exposing our story. It's OUR story and we did not give approval for it to be in the papers or anywhere else.

I think it is so unfair and unjust when others assume they can say and do what they want with information about other people. No one respects privacy anymore. Everyone wants to get some attention and "tell" something.

First and foremost, you do not know this amazing family. You ask me not to attack you because you have a right to your opinion. However, you have just accused my family of "exploiting" this dear couple. This family is made up of wonderful people who go out of their way to help others. They are loving and compassionate and volunteer their time and talents to help the underprivileged.

The local media came to them for a story after hearing about it. They were reluctant at first, but agreed because they felt that if they could inspire someone or warm someone's heart, then it would all be worth it, because, you see, this family is all about giving. This is how Aunt Helen and Uncle Joe raised them.

Sorry you missed the message.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/24/2014 RickyRocky said:
On 10/24/2014 Remee said:

First and foremost, you do not know this amazing family. You ask me not to attack you because you have a right to your opinion. However, you have just accused my family of "exploiting" this dear couple. This family is made up of wonderful people who go out of their way to help others. They are loving and compassionate and volunteer their time and talents to help the underprivileged.

The local media came to them for a story after hearing about it. They were reluctant at first, but agreed because they felt that if they could inspire someone or warm someone's heart, then it would all be worth it, because, you see, this family is all about giving. This is how Aunt Helen and Uncle Joe raised them.

Sorry you missed the message.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam