Honored Contributor

Re: Attn: Free toilets in California!

@traveler wrote:

Water saving?

@traveler, yes, it's low flow.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

So your private water company is absorbing the cost of all those new toilets! That's pretty hard to believe! Honestly, I don't care - it's your taxes! I don't live in California.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

High-Efficiency Toilets:

Half the water but Twice the flush.

Result - Same-Same

@sidsmom, I will delicately say that that is no either my or my husband's experience so far.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

that's not my water company, but that's great.  Do you get to choose your color?Smiley Happy

I remember a few years back, when we were remodeling, we got many rebates from our water company as well as PG&E for choosing appliance models that were part of the rebate programs. 

No choice of color, @september . :-) We're white toilet people anyway.

Honored Contributor

White toilets are good!  That’s what I’ll have in my new house.  

But I do have colors in my present house.  The granddaughters like the “blue potty” best 😃

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

High-Efficiency Toilets:

Half the water but Twice the flush.

Result - Same-Same

@sidsmom 

I've had 1.6 gal toilets for 30 years now and none of what you wrote has ever been the case.  They work very efficiently. No "double flush" needed.  (If that's what you meant.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

They look like the ones we put in a couple of years ago when we remodeled. ADA compliant (taller) but I haven’t really noticed less water usage on my water bill.
Honored Contributor

I think all new ones now have to be ADA compliant, which is taller than old ones....can’t recall the exact height....and most are oval now rather than round, but that is optional as long as the height is within the rules. Better call that steakhouse and tell them they are out of compliance!
Honored Contributor

I had a "riser" put on my toilet after I had knee replacement surgery, as recommended, and never took it off.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I had a "riser" put on my toilet after I had knee replacement surgery, as recommended, and never took it off.

I’m not a tall person, but all of our toilets are the higher height.  I occasionally go to someone’s home where they have the old style, low toilets, and feel like I’m sitting very close to the floor.