Honored Contributor

Attn: Free toilets in California!

Seriously, if your water company is California Water Service, they are offering to replace your toilets FREE of cost. We checked it out on their website. I found a picture of them on Home Depot (see below). They are $164 each.

The installer came out on time, were very pleasant, and replaced our three toilets in about 30 minutes. They took the old ones. There was absolutely no charge.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: Attn: Free toilets in California!

Water saving?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

High-Efficiency Toilets:

Half the water but Twice the flush.

Result - Same-Same

Honored Contributor

that's not my water company, but that's great.  Do you get to choose your color?Smiley Happy

I remember a few years back, when we were remodeling, we got many rebates from our water company as well as PG&E for choosing appliance models that were part of the rebate programs. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

That's a better deal than our local water company gave us back shortly after I moved to this home (@ 30 yrs ago).  We could get up to two 1.6 gal Toto toilets, but we had to take care of our own installations.  The plumber wasn't cheap, but those toilets are still in excellent shape. (Well, one more than the other, but still not bad.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

That’s a good deal! 

We replaced our toilets with what look like the same ones.  I like the half flush button 

Esteemed Contributor

So who is paying for all those new toilets being installed in your state? You - the taxpayer! Nothing is free!

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

So who is paying for all those new toilets being installed in your state? You - the taxpayer! Nothing is free!

It isn’t a state program. Her local water company is paying for it. 

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@jannabelle1, our water company is a private business.

Besides, even if it were state-run, the environmental advantage would be worth it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I like the high rise ones that sit at least 17 inches high not those cheapie

14 in high ones. Takes a forklift to rise up off the floor. DH just had a new one installed and it's 16 and a half high and rectangle to boot.

Mine has to be 17-18 and a round LOL   There's one restaurant in Tx that is a nice steak house, but, their commodes are horrible ! Hate those low risers